Trigger Adjustments for Daisy 888

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

mikeschroeder

Trigger Adjustments for Daisy 888

Post by mikeschroeder »

Hi

I noted the directions for making the triggers for 753's and 853''s adjustable and the directions for the Avanti Valiant. I traded in my 753 for the 888, and would like to see if I can make the trigger better. Has anyone done that yet?

Mike
Wichita KS
Jay V

Re: Trigger Adjustments for Daisy 888

Post by Jay V »

mikeschroeder wrote:Hi

I noted the directions for making the triggers for 753's and 853''s adjustable and the directions for the Avanti Valiant. I traded in my 753 for the 888, and would like to see if I can make the trigger better. Has anyone done that yet?

Mike
Wichita KS
The mods for the 753/853 should translate directly to the 888. In addition, get a longer trigger adjustment screw (behind the trigger guard) and trim the knob on the black plastic arm (where the spring mounts) to let the trigger move as you turn the screw. If you don't trim the knob it will bottom-out before taking up the slack/travel. Both springs in the trigger mechanism can be trimmed down carefully - work slowly. Our 888 triggers are just under 2 pounds, with a nice clean release.

Jay V