The New Format

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

David Levene

The New Format

Post by David Levene »

It's now 5 or 6 weeks since the change from the old TT format to this one.

I don't know about anyone else but I like the new way of doing things.

I am certain there would have been many teething problems but the the end result is a winner.

Congratulations and thanks to all involved.

new format

Post by guest »

I find it more difficult to find what I haven't seen. With the old format, I could immediately see the new links to messages I haven't read, while with the new format, if I want to follow a thread, I have to scan through all the posts to find the new item.
The valuable content makes it worth the effort, but the old way was more efficient, or perhaps more familiar.
Another factor, I have to scan through the general postings as well as the pistol postings (my preference) to find new items. Twice the work.
Times change, technology changes, I will adapt, and now look more to the last posting date.
The ability to revive a thread by posting to it, putting it back in the top ten threads may outweigh my hesitation, once I get more used to it.
The whole idea of shooting is to find what works, and repeat. Change is a painful process, reminiscent of my personal change from a six to sub-six hold. It took time, scores went down for a bit, but eventually climbed to a higher level. I'm hopeful here too, certainly patient.
sparky

Re: new format

Post by sparky »

If you login, you can do several of the things you're trying to accomplish.

For example, on the first screen near the top right, you can click on: "View posts since last visit".

To keep track of topics of interest, you can go into your "Profile" (near top of page) and turn on: " Always notify me of replies".

In addition, there is an option at the bottom of each topic that you can click on called: "Watch this topic for replies".

I hope you find some of these useful. Personally, I think the new version is light years better than the old.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

I think that Sparky has provided the answer to most of your problems "guest".

Register and login.
Bob LeDoux

New Format

Post by Bob LeDoux »

I liked the old format.

I visit less often. Its more work. But I still come back because I like the material. I appreciate Scott's effort.

Knew it

Post by Guest »

See, that's why this list is so useful.
For every problem, someone has a solution. Thanks for the tips.
For someone that is trying desperately to do everything with the utmost repeatability, change is tough.
Thanks all
Mack

Post by Mack »

I like the new format as well. I especially like the "view posts since last visit". Really speeds things up, instead of scrolling down to see what's new. The re-sorting of topics due to replys keeps interesting topics from being buried.

Mark me a happy camper!
pal177

Post by pal177 »

I also like the new format. It's easier to catch the replies when the threads bubble to the top.

One suggestion for future forums: a dedicated area for match announcements, camp & clinic info, events postings, etc.

Thanks! PL, Wheaton Club
Fortitudo Dei

Post by Fortitudo Dei »

It's pretty good once you get used to it. I still miss being able to quickly scan a thread and see the number of replies directly from the main page though. One other thing is now that the forums have split into different areas, I am no longer keeping up with the issues being discussed outside of my own ISSF discipline (pistol). I know I should and that it is not difficult to see what rifle shooters are talking about, but now I have to actively seek it out where as before it was presented to me as a whole.
Overall though - I'm happy.