NRA Shooting Sports magazine

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

mikeschroeder

NRA Shooting Sports magazine

Post by mikeschroeder »

Hi

I know we've been up in arms about the ISSF and the pants. Apparently new rule changes taking effect in the NRA are also getting someone's panties in a wad. The letter in the front of the latest Shooting Sports magazine says that there are threatened boycotts. Anybody know WHAT anyone is mad about? Personally I didn't see much to get really bent about. It's not like they moved the 500 meter Rams to 750 meters in Rifle Silhouette or something.

Mike
Wichita KS
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Well, the amount of money involved for one thing, and the sheer high-handedness of it for another. Then there's the medical problems that it would cause, and the sheer insipidity of the proferred motives.
mikeschroeder

Post by mikeschroeder »

Sparks wrote:Well, the amount of money involved for one thing, and the sheer high-handedness of it for another. Then there's the medical problems that it would cause, and the sheer insipidity of the proferred motives.
Hi

I think you're talking about the ISSF, the NRA changed their rules too, but in a more benign way (I thought). www.nrahq.org has the competition rules changes on there somewhere under competition.

I tend to agree with you on the ISSF though. I heard that the NRA will put the pants out of the rulebook in the next few years also.

Mike
Wichita KS
cecil

Post by cecil »

The NRA made a rather abrupt change in the Action Pistol (Bianchi) rules regarding NOT being able to go prone for the plates / practical unless at the 50 yard line, etc, etc.

This has caused a considerable amount of discussion as the changes were seen be be brought forth from only a few individuals and only at one or two meetings before the rules were changed.

The Action Pistol Championship is a pretty "high dollar" match in terms of prizes and advertising and "sponsored shooters" have a lot at stake at this match, so.........