Double Trap Finals

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

USAS

Double Trap Finals

Post by USAS »

2004 FINAL OLYMPIC SHOTGUN TEAM TRIALS

FORT BENNING, Ga. – The men’s double trap Olympic Team was chosen Tuesday, with none of the surprises that were earlier anticipated. U.S. Army Marksmanship Unit’s Sgt. 1st Class Bret Erickson (Buena Vista, Ga.) secured his second spot on the 2004 Olympic Shotgun Team by coming out today focused and ready to compete on the Fort Benning Hook range. Glenn Eller (Houston, Texas) continued his domination in men’s double trap, securing a spot on his second Olympic Team. Eller went to the 2000 Games in Sydney, while Erickson has been to two previous Olympic Games, in 1992 and 1996.

After not performing to his potential yesterday, Erickson showed up today ready to get down to business. “I was almost too relaxed yesterday,” Erickson said. “I embarrassed myself and my team. I was shooting like a donkey.” He changed all that around today, shooting a score of 129—six points higher than he recorded yesterday. Erickson admitted that there was a huge weight lifted from his shoulders after making the men’s trap team earlier in the week, but also realized that he is too much of a competitor to just sit back and let others beat him on his home range.

Eller remained consistent, shooting a 126 today and finishing one point on top of Erickson. At the 2000 Olympics, Eller finished in a disappointing 12th place, but looks at these 2004 Games as “another shot” for an Olympic medal. Eller has been training down in Georgia full time since last summer, for this exact moment.

In women’s double trap, it was no surprise Kim Rhode (El Monte, Calif.) ran away with it all. Rhode, a two-time Olympic medalist, led the first day by a margin of 23 targets. Today, she increased that lead to 35 targets and was named to her third and final women’s double trap Olympic Team. Women’s double trap will be cut from the Olympics after the 2004 Games.

For full results log on to www.usashooting.org

Newsline No. 5 ◄
Editor: Sara Greenlee

Today
AT THE RANGES
Double Trap Matches, Finals and Awards

Wednesday
AT THE RANGES
Skeet Official Training

Thursday
AT THE RANGES
Skeet Matches

Friday
AT THE RANGES
Skeet Matches

Saturday
AT THE RANGES
Skeet Matches, Finals and Awards

Men’s Double Trap
Final Six
1. Glenn Eller, 590; 2. Bret Erickson, 589; 3. Jeff Holguin, 580; 4. William Keever, 579 (45); 5. Joshua Richmond, 579 (41); 6. Carson Alacano, 555.

Women’s Double Trap
Final Six
1. Kimberly Rhode, 569; 2. Kelly Doll, 534; 3. Joetta Dement, 533; 4. Kirby Anderson, 499; 5. Kyndra Hogan, 498; 6. Lynsey Arnold, 454.