RIKA Home Trainers any good?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

BrownRC

RIKA Home Trainers any good?

Post by BrownRC »

Are the RIKA Home Trainers any good? Are they worth it? Are there any better?

Tx,
R
GOVTMODEL

RIKA Home Trainer

Post by GOVTMODEL »

I've had one for about a year now. It takes some time to learn to interpret the data, but the feedback it provides is invaluable.

The only other system I've tried is Beamhit, and it's not even close to being in the same league as the RIKA unit.
Mack

Post by Mack »

Look in the archives; http://www.pilkguns.com/arch/archi6.htm. Scroll down and there are threads talking about the different systems.
pdeal

Post by pdeal »

I have been sort of saving my pennies to buy a trainer and have been looking at the alternatives. There was a post on the Fla. Smallbore site about trainers (http://forums.delphiforums.com/flasmall ... ing+%3E%3E) and the moderator made a post that contained links to severa discussions on the Fla highpower site where various trainers had been discussed. From my read the RIKA seemed to get the most favorable comments. The Noptel is not in the running for me considering its price.

Rica Trainer

Post by guest »

The Rica Trainer have been with us for many years now, and it is of reasonable quality. The software is continously been improved, and the new versions of the software can be had free form the net.

A new scandinavian laser trainer for rifle and pistol has been offered lately. It is produced by a company who spesialize in missile guiding tecnology.
A new feature of this lasertrainer is the electronic tilt metering device. which could probably be useful for pistoleros too.
I have not had the opportunity to try this lasertrainer yet. Some information is available at http://www.kme.no/lasertrener or www.kme.no/english
Eric U

Rika

Post by Eric U »

I can honestly say that the shooting success I've had over the last 3 years is in large part to the training I get with the Rika Home Trainer. Yes, there are other trainers out there that work well. I've used Noptel and Scat. Choose one you like, and train hard. A home trainer is well worth it's cost, considering the ammunition you save, and the barrel wear you save. It also allows you to train in optimal conditions, which tells you more about how you hold and execute shots.

Good luck,
Eric U
Bill Poole

Electronic Trainer

Post by Bill Poole »

Eric U,

I meant to corner you this weekend and ask your opinion of such machines....

As we were hanging around waiting for the results, a few of us did ask one competitor what "ELECTRONIC TRAINIER" he uses... the guy who beat you this weekend.... and he said "Eley EPS" .....(but I don't think he pays for it himself)

I'd like to hear your opinion on the RIKA vs Scatt

one of the local club owns a RIKA and I plan to go over and spend some time with it before making my own decision...

Poole
Eric U

Rika

Post by Eric U »

Yes, Matt likes his EPS. For those of us who don't live at a shooting range, other options need to be explored. Longer barrel life and lower ammunition costs are just a side benefit. The main reason to use an electronic trainer is to get useful training when you can't get to a range. Nothing can substitute for shooting live bullets...but that isn't always an option. For those who can easily get to a range, an electronic trainer can tell you something about your hold, but is no substitute for real bullets in real wind.

You can look back through the archives and see some of the hornets nests I stirred up with my Rika vs. Scatt comments last year. The short story is that they will both work for what you need to do. They work on a little different system, and I believe the Rika is a little more flexable on the distance you can be from the target. That aside, they will both work for letting you know how your hold is, and how you are executing the shots. In my opinion, all the stats and extranious other crap these trainers can do is of very limited use. The hold trace, and where your shot ends up are all I use it for.
Matt E

Post by Matt E »

Well said, Eric. Exactly correct.