Fuzzy Focus

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

K-60

Fuzzy Focus

Post by K-60 »

Being new to the sport of air pistol, my wife and I fired our first match a few days ago. We both noticed that about 2/3 through the match that it became very difficult to obtain a crisp view of the front sight. Is this typical ? Are there techniques, excerises, etc, to overcome this problem ?

Fuzzy Focus

Post by Guest »

Improper breathing technic will cause your sights to become fuzzy.Taking heavy deep breaths to expell CO2 will clear up the sight picture.
Mack

Post by Mack »

Also make sure to keep hydrated. Keeping the front sight in clear focus is something that we all struggle with.

Good luck!
Mako

Post by Mako »

If you are in your 40's you might want to get some corrective shooting glasses ... and I find it helpful to have a white dot painted on my front sight ... not quite at the top ... so it forces you to look AT the front sight ... and not just skim the top ... which makes it easier (bad) to look at the target.

To make the dot ... I just dipped a dull pencil into WhiteOut ...
Dusty

Practice

Post by Dusty »

Towards the end of the match, it is easy to allow your focus to drift downrange to the target. This is very bad. Sit down, take 10 minutes, close your eyes, and then read over your card that tells you what to do to make good shots.