Champion Glasses

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Intrepid

Champion Glasses

Post by Intrepid »

Hi All,

I am currently using Champion glasses (olympic model) and realised that I need to offset the nose bridge as I need to shift the glasses almost to the center of the frame but I am clueless on how to go about it. TIA.
Philip

Post by Philip »

Champion makes an Olympic Offset model which does exactly what you described.

The offset frame is very similar to the Olympic Champion frame with the micrometer adjustments...etc, but the nose-piece stem is not fixed. Instead there is a screw you can loosen and the entire nose-piece stem can rotate along the threaded frame to either left or right.

This way the nose-piece stem is moved out of the way but the nose-pad can be adjusted back to the center so it can sit on your nose. Now you can position the lens right at the middle of the frame as desired.

Please contact your local Champion dealer for assistance. or you can go to my site to see what it is like.

http://www.precision-sports.com/champion.htm
Intrepid

Champion Glasses

Post by Intrepid »

Hi Philip,

Thanks for your reply. Does that mean I have to purchase a new olympic offset frame despite having own a pair of champion olympic glasses without offset?
Philip

Post by Philip »

Yes. The reason is that the nose-piece stem in your Olympic Champion is fixed. Any attempt to move it around may cause damage to the frame, unless you have sufficient machining skills to repair it.

The other thing is the nose-pad is also offset, too. It is offset at the opposite direction as the nose-piece stem. For example, if the stem is moved left, then the nose-pad will have to moved right so it will center with your face. In other words, you will move only the stem but not the nose-pad because your nose is still in the middle. So, it is not a simple question of moving the nose-piece to one side. You can see this offset stem / re-centered nosepad configuration in the picture on my web page.

In 3P rifle shooting it is not unusual for a shooter to have two sets of shooting glasses, one for prone and kneeling, the other for standing. Depending on your stance and head position, you will find your aiming have more similarity between prona and kneeling, and standing is altogether different.

Unless you want to adjust the lenses every time you switch from one position to the other, it may be to your long term advantage to invest in two sets of shooting glasses.