Paintball tanks to refill CO2 airpistols

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

M.A.

Paintball tanks to refill CO2 airpistols

Post by M.A. »

Saw some of the tanks that paintball players use to charge their guns up with. Can these tanks be used succesfully to charge up the smaller tanks typical on airpistols like Walther, Steyr, etc ? Instead of the expense and hassle of obtaining a large tank from a gas distributor or the like, wouldnt it be more practical to walk into a sporting goods store and purchase a pre-filled CO2 tank off the shelf?
Glenn

Paintball tanks.........

Post by Glenn »

I believe that Sunshine Airguns in Fla. carries a brass fitting to use with some guns such as the Tau's and Aeron's to fill from a paintball tank, but if you figure the cost, you don't save much over the cost of using 12 gram capsules...much cheaper in the long run to go bulk fill from a gas supplier.
Just my opinion...
glenn (Buckeye-air)[/b]
Len_R

Re: Paintball tanks to refill CO2 airpistols

Post by Len_R »

It depends on your area...you can run a small tank (20#) and use that to gang fill your smaller containers, often times you can take your 20# in and get it filled...the main issue is how much does it cost in your area, renting a large tank or getting individual fills, or bulk filling and ganging off the larger tank...
I know by me we rent the large tanks from a supplier and get replacement fills as needed...we chage $3 a fill, or $1 a pound. Typically we sell new 20# tanks for about $80, depending on your system you may gand fill via a $70 attacment...so out of the gate you are looking at $150 for the set up (you can buy used for about 1/2 that)....then $20 a fill for a 20# tank.
Your results may varry based on where you live.
For comparison our HPA system is running $1 a 1000 PSI max 100 CU FT tanks. We just installed a new blast chamber for the 4500 PSI carbon fiber tanks that seem to be very popular.