Vogel Merlin Pellets

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Len_R

Vogel Merlin Pellets

Post by Len_R »

Where in the spectrum of pellets do these sit? are they quality practice pellets?
(guest)

pellets

Post by (guest) »

Vogel is a good company as far as pellets, but i have never heard of merlin.
pilkguns
Site Admin

Post by pilkguns »

The Merlin Match are the pellets being sold through CMP to junior programs. They are same pellets as the Sports Kit (orange label) which are the same pellets as the Match (green label) but did'nt quite make the accuracy standard out of their test guns.

So the reality is the Merlins are the equivalent of the a RWS Meisterkugeln
mikeschroeder

Post by mikeschroeder »

Hi

O.K. I have a problem with the logic here, or maybe where I am here don't know yet.
pilkguns wrote:The Merlin Match are the pellets being sold through CMP to junior programs. They are same pellets as the Sports Kit (orange label) which are the same pellets as the Match (green label) but did'nt quite make the accuracy standard out of their test guns.

So the reality is the Merlins are the equivalent of the a RWS Meisterkugeln

We've been shooting the orange label Vogel's because they're better than the RWS Meisterkuglen's that I got from Cabela's. BUT Merlins are like Orange Vogels which are like RWS Meisterkubeln's. Are the RWS supposed to be pretty good pellets? I have three or four old tins of them.

Three of our better shooters use nothing but the green label Vogel's and we haven't been able to get anymore right now.

Mike
Wichita KS
pilkguns back from JRTOC

Post by pilkguns back from JRTOC »

RWS does not make a sepearate lower quaility pellet for to sale as Meisterkugelen, they are the same pellets coming off the same machine as the R10's, but for whatever reason they don't meet their accuracy standards out of THEIR test rifles.

All things being equal, their are a lot fo factors that contibute to absolute pellet accuracy , pellet size, lot number, diameter of the bore in relation to the pellet head size and then the actaul velocity of the pellet ( I say absolute because most shooters are not going to be able to tell the difference on the target or in their scores with the WORST pellet combination--assuming a quality match pellet Vogel, RWS, H&N, JSB) so what pellet might not shoot the best out of their test guns migh just be the best shooting out of YOUR gun.

Its the same with the Vogels, their orange is just their reject greens, the same as the Meisterkugeln is the reject R10s----although reject is far too strong of word to use, given the very similar quality levels.

and for those of you who have been waiting, We are expecting the next shipment of Vogels to be cleared from customs and in our hands sometime around April 6 or 7th