From John Zurek at Bangkok WC via Robert Schattler

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

From John Zurek at Bangkok WC via Robert Schattler

Post by Guest »

Posted by Robert Schattler on March 01, 2004 at 21:28:46:

The Bangkok World Cup finshed on Wednesday and I flew to Toronto for the Canadian Airgun Grand Prix on Thursday. I apologize for not emailing the air pistol results from Bangkok...there was an issue with my internet provider password...the results can be viewed at http://www.issfnews.com/default.asp?fil ... onoverview

Bangkok WC found me shooting my average air pistol score, as was the case at the CAGP match in Toronto. At the WC I felt that finishing in the top half was a good accomplishment as well as shooting a MQS(minimum qualifying score) which is necessary for an athlete competing in the Olympic Games...I attained an MQS for both events, air and free pistol.

Toronto day one found me lacking sleep, maybe something about the time change??? hmmmmm, I wonder what time zone my body was really on! With only 3 hours of sleep I was standing on the line dangling my arm out there...I found that proper rest is essntial to good performance. My motor skills seemed to be a bit off, there was a slight hesitation before the shot released and often left me with "wide 9's". Again I finished with an average score, a 575 out of 600. Day two found me better rested but with another average score, a 574 to finish the match in first place with a 1049. Finals went well, although the wind was really blowing on the number one position(pun intended), as there was alot of movement with my gun, it just wouldn't settle down. My sighters were wild and my confidence challenged. After a bit of positive self talk, I was able to "shoot through" the wobble, putting all of my energy into the trigger release. It worked! I had lots of loose 10's, but satisfied with a raw score of 98 and a finals score of 101.5, which turns out to be my personal best two day match score with finals.
I am excited to get back into my training mode and work on some of the ares of concern that surfaced during these two major competitions. I will send a link to the CAGP results as soon as it is posted.

To all, thank you for your support and encouragement.

Sincerely,

John
Patrick Haynes

Canadian Airgun Grand Prix 2004 Complete Results in PDF

Post by Patrick Haynes »

John: It was a pleasure to meet you in Toronto and watching your performance in the finals. Well done.

For those of you who would like the entire results for the Canadian Airgun Grand Prix in downloadable format (PDF), follow the link below.

Good shooting.
Patrick Haynes

http://www.targetshooting.ca/cagp/docs/ ... esults.pdf