A note on OSG prizes

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Len_R

A note on OSG prizes

Post by Len_R »

Winning follows no particular rational. One week it may be the top shooter, the next it may be the lowest, sometimes it may be an "average score", a combined score of 2,3 4, 10, ??? weeks, largest improvement over a period of time, consistency...all kinds of options. I look at the OSG short postal as a training aid more than competition and in training you are really competing against yourself, your placement in the ladder is for your own edification, not really to be "on top".
A couple of the top shooters seem to like shooting just because it's low key and fun and a good warm up.

The other reason I think awarding only the top spots is bad is because it's normally occupied by the same cadre of shooters with only slight variations (look at High Noon)...I mean if you guys think it's fairer to give only to the top spot, I will think about it...but want people to participate and have a bit of an equal chance to win as long as they are "in" the game.

As to the prizes, it is at the discretion of the prize sponsor what the methodology is for the prize. They do not know the scores, or the names, they commit the product and tell me "I want the X score to win", and whoever gets that score, gets the prize.
As I am giving the prizes from my own inventory, I am making up the rules for the winners, done prior to submition of the scores.
I have the next score figured out and have yet to receive any submissions for relay #3.
If it was always #1 or always the lowest, it would easily turn into who can post the lowest or highest score and out guess the prize system.
Mako

Post by Mako »

Very NICE concept ... I might have to start going Postal again ... since my other activities are keeping me from making some of my regular matches.

Please post a LINK to your postal match site again ...

Perhaps this message board should keep all of the postal match info together in one place ...