NRA directors elections

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

HPitts

NRA directors elections

Post by HPitts »

Who do you think would be good candidates that would help the shooting sports. I know Edie Fleeman is a good choice. I know Ms. Golob is a competitive shooter. I read the other biographical sketches . Some bio's stated suport of shooting sports. What are your recomendations?

Howard
ChipEck

Re: NRA directors elections

Post by ChipEck »

+1. I would also appreciate any advice. I still write Brian Zins in every time:-)

Chip
ShootWithStyle

Post by ShootWithStyle »

Kim Rhode should be a an obvious choice. Already on the Board but definitely should stay on.

Julie Golob, I've known her since before I started shooting smallbore rifle. This was back when I was still active in USPSA and IPSC Pistol Competition. She was always very open and generous and is just a very nice person all around. She is competing still and I'm not sure how many world titles she has now. She is a former member of the US Army Marskmanship Unit so of course she would be familiar with all the other sport shooting disciplines including Olympic and ISSF events. I remember we were chatting 8 years ago during the Vancouver Winter Olympics about how much we both enjoyed biathlon. So she definitely gets my vote.

J
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

Correspondence that I received from one of the gun clubs of which I am a member listed the following as pro-competition and/or are competitors themselves. Also, the recommendation is always to only vote for the individuals that you really want. You do not need to vote for a full slate of 25/26.

John Sigler
Edie Fleeman
William Satterfield
Robert Wos
Maria Heil
Scott Bach
Joel Friedman
David Coy
John Cushman
Don Saba
gwsb

Post by gwsb »

My 2 cents.

First don't confuse what I am going to say as a slam on any specific candidate now running, on Paul's list, currently on the BOD, on the BOD in the past, or could be in the future. In other words do your own research.

1. If term limits are good for politicians why not NRA BOD? Or maybe an age limit?

2. If you like the direction the NRA is taking with respect to the competition shooting sports you probably like the current BOD members.

3. Do some research and find out who lied to us about; and who was responsible for, the current state and location of the National Championships. It was not just the former head of the Comp Dept.