Crosman Challenger - Good or bad?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

atomicgale
Location: Copperhill Tennessee USA (a registered CERCLA superfund site)

Re: Crosman Challenger - Good or bad?

Post by atomicgale »

Last edited by atomicgale on Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

atomicgale wrote:Yes, CROSSMAN CHALLENGER versus AIR ARMS versus CHAMPION'S CHOICE T200: WHICH HAS THE BEST TRIGGER?
WOAH on the rant...

On the trigger ... for me, and I add in the Daisy guns too ... the Air Arms trigger seems the best to me.
gspell68

Post by gspell68 »

I work around high pressure carbon dioxide, nitrogen, oxygen, etc. tanks and PhD's, literally, everyday.
The two do not mix well...
Scott Pell
gspell68@gmail.com
Augusta, Georgia
GaryN

Post by GaryN »

TenMetrePeter wrote:Agreed Wasatch.
And if these gifted kids think all they need to do is latch onto the system and do Twitbook while it fills, what happens when they fill some place where grown ups operate and nobody explained how to do it properly?
"Hey mom at school it didn't go bang like that."
You cover against accidents by instruction and supervision not technology that may not always be there or adjusted correctly.
Technology is the sometimes unreliable backup to human failing which happens more often than technology is unreliable.
Heck I would use one of those 2,000 psi regulators myself. Cuz I do not trust myself to be 100% ABSOLUTELY certain not to make a mistake, one-day, over hundreds/thousands of refilling operations. There is a recognized problem, familiarity breeds carelessness. And all you need is one mistake to make a bad day.
PTC (Positive Train Control) is used because some professional train engineers made those mistakes; not stopping for stop signals, and not slowing down in speed restricted areas, causing accidents, injury and DEATHS. The PTC is the safety net for human failings.

Yes the kid should be prepared for both situations, regulated and not regulated.
But I would not pass on a safety device just because someone thinks it is not useful.