Lones Wigger's fight with cancer

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Marc Orvin

Lones Wigger's fight with cancer

Post by Marc Orvin »

Saw this posted on Facebook and thought it would be appropriate to share here, as many of you know and love this man.

Hello, For those of you who have known my dad, Lones Wigger over the years, I wanted to provide an update on his health. He has courageously fought a 2-year battle with pancreatic cancer, but unfortunately the cancer is now winning. We don't know how much longer we will have him with us, but am afraid he is getting close. Please just pray for his comfort in these final days. Thank you, Deena Wigger McDorman
ChipEck

Re: Lones Wigger's fight with cancer

Post by ChipEck »

Horrible news, but thanks.

Chip
10M_Stan

Re: Lones Wigger's fight with cancer

Post by 10M_Stan »

I fondly recall the opportunities to have dinner with Col. Wigger at Ft. Benning when I was shooting smallbore. He was a gracious and generous host who made those moments memorable. Unfortunately, none of his prone shooting prowess rubbed off on me - but being a young doofus, I didn't ask for any pointers either. Godspeed to Colonel Wigger along with my thoughts and prayers.