Setting Anschutz sight scales

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

artandscience

Setting Anschutz sight scales

Post by artandscience »

Hi,

I've got a couple of older Anschutz sights I use (one for 60/75 ft and one for 50yd/metre). Both have what look like scales on the horizontal and vertical.

On my fullbore sights, I can move the scale so that once I've established a zero I can center it. However both of these sights appear to have fixed scales (secured by screws).

What am I missing here? They seem a bit useless correspondingly (not having any numbers either).

thanks,
Stefan
NRA High Master, mid-range
NRA High Master, long-range
Smallbore prone shooter
Tim S

Re: Setting Anschutz sight scales

Post by Tim S »

Stefan,

I don't think you can zero the scales as you want. These are really for quick reference. For good or ill, smallbore shooters don't track zeros as meticulously as fullbore shooters, at least here in Britain.
redschietti

Re: Setting Anschutz sight scales

Post by redschietti »

Using two piecies of tape as a guide and fingernail polish in three colors ive put lines on mine at the three distances i shoot. Works good, i dont count clicks