CMP Bulk Pack Eley: Opinions

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Mike Carter

CMP Bulk Pack Eley: Opinions

Post by Mike Carter »

http://estore.thecmp.org/Catalog/Item/4C22ELYSTD-5000

Has anyone acquired the offering from the CMP? Would you share your opinions here?
At the price point per case I do suspect it came from Eley UK, but beyond that the details are scarce.
EPS bullet or round? USA Shooting did say it is in the 1090 FPS range which should make it suitable for the semi-auto.

It will be interesting to hear some results.

Mike Carter
john bickar

Re: CMP Bulk Pack Eley: Opinions

Post by john bickar »

oldcaster

Post by oldcaster »

I bought a case of it and a friend of mine and I tested it with two model 41's and a Ruger Mark II. We used CCI standard, Wolf target, and Armscor target. The Armscor was very close to the CCI in all three guns and was not as good as the Wolf or Eley. The Eley seemed to be a tiny bit better than the Wolf but was so close that it would take more testing to really say if this is correct. The worst 5 shot group at 50 yards was around 1 3/4 inches and the best was around 1 inch. Some was given to our friends that are master class shooters in bullseye and they were very happy with it but matches shot here now are indoors at 50 foot which would make a lot of difference. Pretty much all of them were using CCI. Bear in mind though that different guns like different stuff for accuracy but for bullseye any of these bullets we tested are fine. In my experience Wolf is one of the most forgiving loads available because it seems to work fine in every gun I try it in. So far no one has had any alibis with the Eley. We use old CCI 100 quantity plastic boxes and put the Eley in it but I did that also with the Armscor because I don't like their box either. You can't easily pick out 5 rounds at a time.
Hemmers

Post by Hemmers »

Eley in a bag! You see something new every day.
PaulT

Post by PaulT »

£54/1000 for Eley Standard is a very good price for pistol training ammunition!

Eley has used region specific productising for years. The Swiss variant of the Eley Standard was exceptional when our 25m squad operated out of Zurich.