New Shooter - Any 10M Air Pistol Matches in Colorado/Wyoming

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Colorado CJ

New Shooter - Any 10M Air Pistol Matches in Colorado/Wyoming

Post by Colorado CJ »

I'm a long time rifle/pistol shooter, but I'm just starting to get into air pistols.

I'd like to start shooting in some local 10m pistol leagues. The only problem is, it is near impossible to find if there are any leagues/matches in my area.

I live in Northern Colorado, are there any leagues in the Denver area?

I know of the Olympic shooting range in Colorado Springs, but that is a couple hours south of me so wouldn't do for weekly shooting.
Rover

Re: New Shooter - Any 10M Air Pistol Matches in Colorado/Wyo

Post by Rover »

I used to shoot at the Cherry Creek indoor range in Denver. There was another range East of there, too.

Seek and ye shall find.

Several of the members come to the Desert Midwinter. You should, too. They have some big matches at the OTC that are certainly worth the effort.
siordian1

Post by siordian1 »

I too like shooting with others, it's fun and friendly competition. However if you just can't find a match within a decent range then I suggest you look into "postal" type matches. There is a international air pistol league on Facebook,

10M PISTOL COMPETITION

I belong to it and we get good shooters from all over the world, Europe and Asia.

Also,join the CMP and look into the "ACES" air pistol program. They run a quarterly match. targets are sent to you by mail. You shoot and then mail them back. We get about 30-40 shooters for the matches.

These don't take the place of a match with others but it's a way to keep yourself in the game.

Good Shooting!!
Joe58

Post by Joe58 »

Would you have a link for the Facebook postal league? I didn’t see one that looks current.

Thanks!
ChipEck

Post by ChipEck »

Facebook postal league

https://www.facebook.com/10metercomp/

Chip
JD Mahan

Post by JD Mahan »

Someone recently told me to check out Arvada Rifle & Pistol Club. Their website shows a full ISSF program, including 10m AP.

I haven't checked it out yet; maybe someone with more info will chime in.

John
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

JD Mahan wrote:Someone recently told me to check out Arvada Rifle & Pistol Club. Their website shows a full ISSF program, including 10m AP.

I haven't checked it out yet; maybe someone with more info will chime in.

John
The Arvada Rifle and Pistol club is the way to go for Air Pistol. A very friendly bunch. Pretty sure they have a league.
Colorado CJ

Post by Colorado CJ »

Thanks everyone, I'm going to have to get in touch with the Arvada Club.

On another note, I shot my 3rd 60 shot session today. Scored a 532, 11 higher than my last session. When my large grip arrives, I hope to do better.

Image3st Set with Pardini K12 by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr