FWB P 8X Air Pistol

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Tracemineral45x

FWB P 8X Air Pistol

Post by Tracemineral45x »

Has anyone attached a red dot sight to this pistol? If you have what specific hardware did you use? Did you do any drilling?
Thank you.
Dan Ide

Re: FWB P 8X Air Pistol

Post by Dan Ide »

Put one on a P-44. Used the same base as sold by pyramid airguns to fit the Izzy 46. Had my son-in-law open the barrel holding part with a ball mill bit. easy to do, works great.
Tracemineral45x

The FWB P 8X has a frame around the pellet tube and the FWB P44 does not. The 46 mount fits the P44 but the same area is covered by a frame on the P 8X so it would not attach the same way. Thank you for your suggestion.
I am still looking for a possible solution. I don't have a P 8X but I want to know a red dot can be attached before buying it.
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

Tracemineral45x wrote:The FWB P 8X has a frame around the pellet tube and the FWB P44 does not. The 46 mount fits the P44 but the same area is covered by a frame on the P 8X so it would not attach the same way.
The barrel shroud of the P8X can be taken off to mount the Izzy mount. A good pcp airpistol that's accurate and affordable is the Crosman 1701P silhouette pistol.

It can be easily fitted with a red dot sight.
Tracemineral45x

Thank you kevinweiho I will check regards taking off the barrel shroud. I am aware of the Crosman 1701. Three of our club members have them and the judge is still out. The one person who has had one for a year plus has had a few problems which are hopefully resolved. Again thank you for your input.