USB telescope to assess accuracy shooting

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

astigmat2000

USB telescope to assess accuracy shooting

Post by astigmat2000 »

Hello to all,
I've found an USB telescope available on Ebay such as this one
http://www.ebay.com/itm/W110-HD-USB-Dig ... 2228909977
Before I purchase the product, I'd like to ask what you may think of the object when it comes to assess the accuracy of a bullet in a target
Do anyone of you ever tested that telescope? I found someone saying that there is no possibility to zoom in or out but via the software on the computer. The knob on top is for the focus adjustment I guess.
I shoot at 25 meters on C50 ISSF target with ammo such as .22, .32 and .38. I suppose that there is no issue to spot the .38 but no idea with the .22....
Your info/advice would be appreciated...thanks.
Jacques
Attachments
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg (53.52 KiB) Viewed 1064 times
Joe58

Re: USB telescope to assess accuracy shooting

Post by Joe58 »

Myself, I think I'd prefer to spend a bit more for a dedicated spotting scope. For 25m, you do not need to spend a lot of money for the real high priced optics and you won't need to mess with hooking it up to your phone and whatnot.

And it'd be useful for other nature viewing too. And they have adapters now to allow you to take pictures with your phone thru the scope.

I can't believe it'd have very good quality optics or resolution at that price. I've learned, and most agree I think, optics is one area where you get what you pay for. It's better to spend a bit more and get the best you can afford.
astigmat2000

Post by astigmat2000 »

Hello Joe,
I fully agree with you when you say that in optic you get what you pay for. Keep in mind that it is only to see holes in a piece of paper, therefore the quality might not be that much necessary.
Currently I use a Bushnell scope and I've just purchased a phone support to enhance the comfort of viewing the impacts at 25 meters. As it's been bought in China, it'll take at least 3 weeks before I can try it. In the meantime, my interest has been attracted by this electronics telescope and might be a good alternative to the Bushnell optics.... not sure but it's only US$ 32....and again 3 weeks to wait :-)
Have a good weekend.
Greetings.
Jacques
Elmas

Post by Elmas »

I would like to see a Bluetooth scope that displays an image on a smartphone .

The scope , or camera could be positioned near the target and the smartphone on the shooter's tabletop. Less hardware , less expense and everybody has a smartphone .

Meanwhile my battered spotting scope will have to do . The rubber eye shield has gone , and its a bit awkward to look through the lens without it .

If anyone knows of a bluetooth scope/camera that could do the job please let me know . Thanks.
Joe58

Post by Joe58 »

Seen a promo video on this one that says it'll work out to 300 yards. System is contained in an ammo can and pairs with your iPad or smartphone. Pretty cool but kind of expensive though.

http://www.bullseyecamera.com/ammocam.html