Looking for smallbore opportunities in Cleveland area

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Fwb2600

Looking for smallbore opportunities in Cleveland area

Post by Fwb2600 »

I just moved to the Cleveland, OH area and I'm looking for some opportunities to shoot some prone. Anyone know of smallbore friendly ranges and/or matches in the area?
ShootingSight

Re: Looking for smallbore opportunities in Cleveland area

Post by ShootingSight »

Dunno your definition of 'in the area', but Camp Perry is only 80 miles away.
Art Neergaard
ShootingSight LLC
www.shootingsight.com
info@shootingsight.com
513-702-4879
machinist mike

Post by machinist mike »

North Olmsted Sportsman's Club has both senior and junior rifle programs.
MikeBoy

Post by MikeBoy »

There are a few Prone matches left here in Ohio. Unfortunately, the last one this year was shot July 1 & 2.

Annually the Ohio Rifle and Pistol Association hosts two State prone matches. The "Open 3200 Prone Championship" is the first weekend in June (3rd and 4th this year) and is host at the Lima Sabers Shooting Association in Lima, Ohio. The "Ohio Outdoor Smallbore Regional and State Championship" is hosted at the Fish & Game Club of Vienna Ohio the third weekend in June. This is just a one day 1600 course of fire.

The Lima Sabers also hosts the Buckeye Prone Regional Championship the first weekend of July. This is a 3200 course of fire.

As far as prone in the Cleveland area, there is not much. The closest club that has a nice 50 yard smallbore outdoor range is West Branch Rifle and Pistol Club in Grafton Ohio. About 45 minutes from the West side of Cleveland. No formal smallbore program, but the range is a covered 30 plus firing points. They also have a 100 yard range adjacent to the smallbore/pistol range. This makes it hard to practice a Dewer match..

As mentioned the North Olmsted Sportsman's Club has an informal smallbore open rifle night (Thursday 7-10 pm) during the winter. The range is 50 feett with 10 points. I put together this past winter an indoor prone program at NOSC. We shoot once a month during the Thursday open rifle night on USA50 targets. Since we only had 5 shooters we developed a handicap scoring method that allows first time shooters to Masters to shoot head to head. PM me for full details on the program and Club membership.

There are a lot more opportunities for 3 Position shooting during the indoor season here in Ohio. The Buckeye 3P League shoots monthly at OSU. Both Akron U and OSU host Open matches on their electronic targets in November and OSU also hosts the indoor 3P NRA sectionals and an indoor State Championship.

PM me and I'll send you my contact. Mike