When to start testing pellets

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Rover

When to start testing pellets

Post by Rover »

I have seen literally dozens of posts stating, "Test pellets when your average score reaches '550, 560, 570, 580'."

I hereby state that you should start testing when you consistently score over 590.

Some say that testing will thereby give you the confidence to go even higher, and you should also buy the spendiest pellets to enhance this new-found confidence.

Or not.
Shooterer

Re: When to start testing pellets

Post by Shooterer »

edited under the think twice before posting rule.

Carry on with the latest discussion of lead projectiles.
william

Post by william »

"I have seen literally dozens of posts stating, "Test pellets when your average score reaches '550, 560, 570, 580'.""

Those numbers should refer to the number of minutes (getting awfully near 10 hours) that you have to throw away with nothing better to occupy them. That should include eating, sleeping, beer, reading last week's newspapers, shouting at the neighbor's kid, trying to train a halibut....

If you're shooting those numbers, whatever pellets you're using are just fine. Find a better use of your time than pellet testing.
renzo

Post by renzo »

Rover wrote:
I hereby state that you should start testing when you consistently score over 590.
If so, what were you doing testing them?
Rover

Post by Rover »

I had to KNOW!!!

Now there is a clear, definite answer to the question so many ask on TT.