international shooting

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

gitkrunk

international shooting

Post by gitkrunk »

Does the US compete in Men's 25m Center fire, 25m standard pistol in the below matches? Trying to figure it out but looks like no scores for those matches really in the past few years anyways.

World Shooting Championships, World Cups, Pan American Games
renzo

Re: international shooting

Post by renzo »

Of the ones you numbered, only the World Championships (every four years) hold matches in Men's CF and Standard Pistol.

World Cups were always intended solely for Olympic events, and so are the Pan American Games since 1995, the last which held the full ISSF program.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

At the last WCH, Granada 2014:-

Brad Balsley, 579, 13th
Greg Markowski, 571, 39th
Michael Gasser, 568, 14th

USA Team 13th
john bickar

Post by john bickar »

I think '95 (maybe '99) was the last time for CF/STD at the Pan Am Games. Wikipedia should know. Definitely not in '03.
renzo

Post by renzo »

John, I was an assistant judge at the '95 PAG, they were hel in my country, and I remember that including the ISSF full program was more a publicity stunt from tha National federation than a practical move, just out of National pride and most possibly to earn some more medals, as the CFP and 300 Rifle went to Argentinians.

Four years later at Indianapolis all events but the Olympics were gone...............