Air pistol history and more

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Finelld

Air pistol history and more

Post by Finelld »

I have scoured the web and other resources to learn everything about precision air pistol and air gunning in general. I have found a plethora of resources on how to improve scores, less about the qualities of what makes a good competitive gun, and nearly nothing on the history of precision air gunning. I want to know how we got here and better understand the equipment advances over time. I want to know the ideas that failed and those that proved themselves. to show how the guns and the discipline has evolved. Ultimately I would like to assemble an encyclopedia on precision air gunning starting with the pistol sports as that is what I am most familiar with. It is my intention to include information that I have gained from all of my research. including equipment and techniques. If anyone can direct me to sources for this information, I would greatly appreciate it.
slofyr

Re: Air pistol history and more

Post by slofyr »

If they are still around, contact Robert Beeman of Beeman Airguns [1975-1993] and Robert Law of Air Rifle Headquarters [1963-1979].
Chia

Post by Chia »

PM sent.
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

Here's a file from pilkguns with a brief history of airpistol competition:

http://www.pilkguns.com/aphp/comphis.htm