10X Trainer

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

redschietti

10X Trainer

Post by redschietti »

The 10X trainer was developed by me and my family over the last several years. Exceptional results have been achieved using it. To many state championships to count, multiple junior olympic qualifiers, junior olympic medals, national records, and even international medals.

Both positive and negative reinforcement are used to train working dogs, horses and livestock. This system does both! The 10X trainer produces a positive sound (clicker training) when a shot is properly executed and the score is good. The 10X trainer gives an electric shock when the shot is poorly executed and the score is poor.

Reports from others using the prototype and beta testing have been highly positive! To quote one happy user, 'its fantastic for finals training, it puts the P in pressure, exactly the tool we needed to succeed in finals!'

I have just received the first shipment of 10X trainers from china. I couldnt find a united states company to make them. If there are any issues with the manufacturing or any other issues replacement or your money back is my personal promise.

Thanks for your interest,
We should have than at one of the shooting venders next month.
dschaller

Re: 10X Trainer

Post by dschaller »

What happens when the shot is poorly executed but due to luck, the score is still good? Clicker or Shock?
ghillieman

Post by ghillieman »

An electric shock!

Will this require a 240v outlet and a grounding plate?
redschietti

Post by redschietti »

Its rechargable off 110. No grounding plate.

Most top shooters focus on shot process not score. Behavior modification is fastest with both positive and negative reinforcment. The reinforcment also needs to be of variable and unpredictable intensity.
Rover

Post by Rover »

If you're cheap, someone behind you with a bull prod could do the job.
metman

Post by metman »

Regarding the negative reinforcement, I 'm not sure I understand.

The trainee receives a mild shock after a poor execution of the shot process. Obviously the shock itself won't indicate which element in the process was wrong (i.e. stance, grip, sight picture, trigger technique...). If the shock came during the process at the instant the shooter deviated from the correct action - e.g. if sight picture goes crooked - I could see how it could work. Sort of like SCATT but instant feedback during the shot process. The trainee could learn to recognize the signs/feel of a bad shot, and abort. But a shock that comes after the shot is let off?

I think an advanced shooter will mostly know what was wrong and/or shrug it off and re-focus, without being told by anyone or reminded by a shock. A novice shooter won't necessarily be capable of that. So for the advanced shooter, the shock would seem to be redundant, although possibly not without effect. Meanwhile, shocking the poor novice, after a bad shot, risks that they just start to stress out. So I am confused about the reinforcement.

On the other hand, the "happy user" seems to indicate that the trainer helps him/her experience the level of stress (pressure) that they will feel in the finals. That suggests to me that the trainer is a stress-level simulator for advanced shooters who already have a solid technique, but who need to practice shooting under pressure.
BobGee

Post by BobGee »

And it isn't even 1st April yet...

Bob
theruleslawyer

Post by theruleslawyer »

Not sure if this is serious....
metman

Post by metman »

I've heard so many different ideas from people that unless it's someone I know, I start off by assuming they are serious.
SteveT

Post by SteveT »

How about a 2 person arcade version of the 10X Trainer. Every time person 1 shoots a 10, person 2 gets a shock and vice-versa!
hundert

Post by hundert »

lol Steve, that's actually good enough for the Olympics! They have that in Fencing

Here we have a sort of a duel, you don't exactly aim at each other, but the feedback is there
metman

Post by metman »

The shocking could supplement the disco music that ISSF has decreed everyone must endure while shooting.
SteveT

Post by SteveT »

The ISSF wants shooting to be more spectator friendly...

Each spectator (or on the web) can 'like' one competitor. The more likes a shooter gets, the greater the shock on the other competitors.

Or maybe each spectator gets a limited number of shocks so they have to choose which competitor and when in the competition. Real audience participation!
nglitz

Post by nglitz »

Reminds me of a "Cheers" episode, with Cliff getting shocked when he runs his mouth too much.
Norm
in beautiful, gun friendly New Jersey
redschietti

Post by redschietti »

This was a nasty plisky, in honor of april fools. I have enjoyed the direction it has taken recently.