help with a questionnaire

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

ponydad

help with a questionnaire

Post by ponydad »

Hi - would this be a suitable forum to ask people to fill in a questionnaire about shooting?
The back story: Daughter is doing her dissertation for a Sports Sciences degree in the UK and needs to have as many people as possible fill in a questionnaire about 10m air pistol shooting. (It takes about 2mins to do)
For those of you who are not resident in the UK, shooting of any sort is regarded as being on a par with goat molesting by a substantial portion of the Public and finding people who will admit to doing anything of the sort (shooting that is) is quite hard!
In case people are feeling benevolent I have attached the Q'nnaire (several posts below this one as this one doesn't have check boxes etc)- ! and her university e-mail is on the bottom.
Thanking you in advance.. or apologising if I have intruded.

Regards

Gareth
Aha! Have to change a docx to PDF !
SURVEY MONKEY link
10m survey
Attachments
Qustionnaire Shooting.pdf
questionnaire
(87.21 KiB) Downloaded 101 times
Last edited by ponydad on Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:45 am, edited 5 times in total.
David Levene

Re: help with a questionnaire

Post by David Levene »

There's no attachment Gareth.
jenrick

Post by jenrick »

If I might offer a suggestion, setting it up as either an editable PDF or a google form would probably increase the response rate. I'd like to participate, but having to print it, complete it, scan it, and email it back, makes for a far more involved response process that will probably cut the return rate dramatically.

-Jenrick
ponydad

Post by ponydad »

Thanks for the feed back I'll do my best but I'm not that au fait with this - I thought the PDF was editable Sorry

OK Let's try this version!
Attachments
Qustionnaire Shooting.pdf
should be editable now
(769.31 KiB) Downloaded 88 times
Last edited by ponydad on Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hundert

Post by hundert »

there are online sites for that, like surveymonkey
ponydad

Post by ponydad »

Here is Survey Monkey link as promised

10m shooting
Chia

Post by Chia »

Thanks, just took it. Do keep in mind that those of us in the U.S. do not need to belong to clubs and do not have much access to 10M air pistol ranges, much less competition at them. We tend to be basement enthusiasts who occasionally come out to shoot at real competitions.
ponydad

Post by ponydad »

Don't worry -we UK shooters look with envy at the potential for rimfire target pistols, however air is all we are allowed!
I (and my daughter) really appreciate that you are taking time out to help provide the info.

Frankly one of the great things that I have found about shooting sports in general is the willingness to help others, I wonder if it is because we spend so much effort trying to beat our own limitations that we are so willing to share advice with others as we are less in direct competition with them? (Possibly this does not hold true for dueling!)

Those few people that I have come across that are a real 'P-in-the-A' in shooting are that and more outside the range.
I am assuming that this holds true in other countries, although it could just be that UK shooters are social outcasts and we only have ourselves to talk to ;-)