pardini k12 question

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

a10ken

pardini k12 question

Post by a10ken »

hi folks, silly questions but is the small "click" sound after I fire my k12 the damper weight returning to its rest position, I understand that the weight is pushed rearward by chamber pressure, but how does it return ? as I can see no return device on the factory parts diagram, also will the damper valve in the breech need to be adjusted as I try different weight pellets to find what suits the pistol, and finally! is there a standard factory setting for this valve as my pistol is a used example so I have no idea if the previous owner has had a fiddle with it (he/she has been fiddling with other parts without knowing what they are doing).
thanks in advance.
wasatch

Re: pardini k12 question

Post by wasatch »

The click is just the weight sliding forward.
Feel for yourself if it needs adjustment.... shoot and if recoil is objectionable adjust it.
Saw your other post as well. If you adjust velocity know that there is a set screw on the right side of the receiver assembly that locks the hammer spring adjuster. It should be backed out before attempting to turn the adjuster. This is not in the owners manual (at least not the 2014 version of the manual I have).
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

Indeed the tungsten rod returns to the front of its travel thanks to gravity. Mine won't reset if I don't tip the pistol at least slightly forward. But since reloading and firing without tipping the muzzle downwards is unlikely, this doesn't present a practical problem. The vent grub screw which controls air flow to the weight which in turn controls recoil damping has a fairly small range of practical adjustment. Too far open and it stops opening flow any further, while also risking the screw catching in the action while cocking. Too far closed and the recoil damping weight won't move. The difference between these two extremes is only a few turns of the tiny grub screw. So small moves... and a trace of Loctite on it helps keeping it stable if yours happens to turn too easily.
a10ken

Post by a10ken »

thanks guys.