US Dealer or Low Cost Import

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

pilkguns
Site Admin

Re: US Dealer or Low Cost Import

Post by pilkguns »

yes, we will be at Perry during both Pistol dates. not sure what we will do in between time. hardly worth driving home, but more time than want hang around Port Clinton.

Any options that are recommended in the 3-5 hour range East or West? we are pretty well are familiar with sights to see 75 Southbound........
Rover

Post by Rover »

You're on a lake; go fishing!
ghillieman

Post by ghillieman »

Thanks Pilk Guns.
Sometimes we need to be reminded who pays for this seemingly free service.
gspell68

Post by gspell68 »

john bickar wrote:They underwrite the cost of free discussion forums, for one.
Krale likely does, too.
You'd probably need to be fluent in Dutch, though... :)
Scott Pell
gspell68@gmail.com
Augusta, Georgia
gspell68

Post by gspell68 »

sgrayner wrote:Euro/Dollar conversion rates have remained low for a couple years now and I’m wondering if the low prices offered by European dealers don’t outweigh the advantages of buying from a US dealer. I recently purchased a Steyr match air pistol from a discount dealer in the Netherlands, Krale-Schietsport, and saved hundreds of dollars. I did have to wait a few days for export customs release, but there are no US Customs duties on air pistols and UPS delivered to my door without any import delays. Air pistols are categorized under Customs subheading 9304.00.40

I did have a incur a MasterCard 1.5% surcharge that Krale demands, but even after this and a 25 euro delivery charge, my costs were less than $1450 for a pistol that doesn’t sell in the US for much less than $2000.

What are the advantages of a US Dealer? Is it really worth it?

Steve
I wanted to get a 10m air rifle for my son for Christmas.
I found a couple on Krale that were interesting.
Just when I was ready to pull the trigger, the price suddenly jumped $50+ dollars and turned me off (even though it was still a bargain compared to USA prices).
I looked again about 10 days later and the price had dropped some!
WTF?!?!?

Then I figured out that if you watch the Euro-to-Dollar market rate, it is apparently reflected in the Krale prices.
Right now, some airguns are $25 - $40 cheaper than they were just a week ago...
Scott Pell
gspell68@gmail.com
Augusta, Georgia