FWB 700 dry fire fails

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

massrog

FWB 700 dry fire fails

Post by massrog »

My daughter's 700 has developed an annoying habit of intermittently switching out of "dry fire" and expelling a small amount of air. this happens seldom (when I tried it took over 100 tries) but when it does it happens for around 4-6 trigger pulls then disappears again. I can find no slop in any components which would allow the stop lever to bounce or ride down but it does those few times. Any suggestions?
Thomas Monto

Re: FWB 700 dry fire fails

Post by Thomas Monto »

In all probability the dry fire mechanism is wearing and needs to be serviced. If you do a lot of dry firing, unscrew the air cylinder and do not use the dry fire mechanism. This problem is not uncommon.
massrog

Post by massrog »

I took the action out of the stock and put a mark on the "striker" and proceeded to work the action both in live and dry fire. As suspected the striker revolves in the action leading me to the theory that there is some sort of abnormality somewhere on the surface that the stop comes into contact which causes it to "slip" and force the dry fire lever into fire position. Long story shorter I ordered a new striker and here's hoping it'll solve it.
Simkovitch

Post by Simkovitch »

We had a problem like this in one of the local clubs.

Is there any play in the safety?
There is a small metal ball locking the safety switch in place.
If I remember correctly, replacing that ball solved the problem.
massrog

Post by massrog »

Simkovitch wrote:We had a problem like this in one of the local clubs.

Is there any play in the safety?
There is a small metal ball locking the safety switch in place.
If I remember correctly, replacing that ball solved the problem.
Thanks for the heads up! She hasn't had another "incident" as of yet but if it arises again I'll look at that fix as well.