Ultimate pellet tester?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

gn303

Ultimate pellet tester?

Post by gn303 »

I found this on from a German firm. My German is only elementary but I understand that this machine will select pellets according to their rotation symmetry. The result would be identical pellets (or as good as).
As far as I understand, there would even be a sililar device for .22 bullets?
I wonder if anyone has more information or has seen articles on this machine.

http://www.lottessporttechnik.de/produkte/joker/
Neil H

Re: Ultimate pellet tester?

Post by Neil H »

Add it to your Christmas List

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im_FzkSzsPU
gn303

Post by gn303 »

Thank you for the Xmas idea! But no, thank you ;-)
william

Post by william »

gn303 wrote:I found this on from a German firm. My German is only elementary but I understand that this machine will select pellets according to their rotation symmetry. The result would be identical pellets (or as good as).
As far as I understand, there would even be a sililar device for .22 bullets?
I wonder if anyone has more information or has seen articles on this machine.

http://www.lottessporttechnik.de/produkte/joker/
YEEEESH! Talk about angels dancing on the head of a pin.
Rover

Post by Rover »

I think it's a great idea! It would cut down on the silly pellet test crap on TT.
william

Post by william »

Rover wrote:I think it's a great idea! It would cut down on the silly pellet test crap on TT.
No it won't. It will just make them more hi-tech and be presented with a greater air of authority.
Chia

Post by Chia »

I'm personally of the opinion that my interactions with pellets consist of the following:

1. Pick it up.
2. See if it's not round.
3. Put it in the gun.
4. Shoot it.

Nowhere in that process does posting about them on forums come into the picture. If you're worried about pellets being flattened, just look at the stupid things. If you are shooting 580+, you should probably have someone you can ask pellet testing questions to....

Anyways, good shooting folks.
hundert

Post by hundert »

for .22 they call it the joker .22 (you can find it under their products)

it works, comes from archery where you instantly can see if the arrow is bent. The testing that was done on German forums confirms that the thing works on pellets. Also, the more expensive the pellets, the better the quality, and if you take only the best pellets, the groups are tighter than just from the can. It's only interesting to those who shoot around 580 (when you basically start putting more than half of your shots into the 10 ring)
ChipEck

Post by ChipEck »

I went to these extremes when I competed in F-Class, even weighed powder to the tenth of a gain, tipped bullets, etc. NEVER, EVER AGAIN! Now I just have fun when I shoot!

Chip
Rover

Post by Rover »

William, once again (but rarely) we are in total agreement.
trinity

Post by trinity »

An interesting idea, this Joker testing device. But it is basically a dial guage that tests the consistency of the skirt. So the question is, is pellet performance only affected by the skirt. Does the head shape not matter? I would imagine if the head was not perfectly flat, or round, it would affect the flight characteristics of the pellet. But I don't know if you can just insert the pellet upside down to test it in this device. And if you could, would post-testing removal of the pellet damage the pellet in any way.

It is an interesting idea, and not that hard to make even...