2017 ISSF Rules

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

David Levene

2017 ISSF Rules

Post by David Levene »

Here are links to the correct text for the Technical Rules and the Anti-Doping Regulations

According to the ISSF web site, "The PDF files include the correct text, but ISSF is still working on the formatting including numbering.
The first final print of the 2017 ISSF Rules and Regulations will be published as soon as possible!"
David Levene

Re: 2017 ISSF Rules

Post by David Levene »

A shooter in the UK has received an email from Gary Anderson in which he states that the ISSF Rifle and Technical committees have now approved an exception to the 140 mm butt-stock depth limit which states "this limitation does not apply to wood stocked rifles", he also says "This exception will be reviewed in four years, but until then and perhaps longer wooden stocked rifles will not be impacted.
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

David Levene wrote:A shooter in the UK has received an email from Gary Anderson in which he states that the ISSF Rifle and Technical committees have now approved an exception to the 140 mm butt-stock depth limit which states "this limitation does not apply to wood stocked rifles", he also says "This exception will be reviewed in four years, but until then and perhaps longer wooden stocked rifles will not be impacted.
David ... we heard the same thing from folks who just returned from Germany last week at Winter Airgun here in the USA ... yea!
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

There's a new version of the temporary rules online, including the exemption for wooden stocked rifles.
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

Thanks for posting David .... not like I was doubting the exemption would come thru, but I ......
TenMetrePeter

Post by TenMetrePeter »

I have passed that onto our county Open organiser who may or may not even know about the 2017 rules. Organisers often glibly say "ISSF rules apply" without thinking. NSRA (UK) totally silent so far on their site.

So the many beautiful Anschutz metal stocks with 45 degree butt plate reinforcement will still fail. Shameful.
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

Yup ... I'm one who has a 2002CA metal stock ... really no way to make that one work.... It goes in the pile for beginner precision shooters now.
But "you never see these now". Hrrumph
Hemmers

Post by Hemmers »

TenMetrePeter wrote:NSRA (UK) totally silent so far on their site.
I wouldn't read too much into that. They're silent on most subjects on the website, preferring to make announcements in the Rifleman (despite the fact it's only quarterly, there won't be one before the British Airgun Meeting, and only members get a copy).
TenMetrePeter

Post by TenMetrePeter »

I just read the club's Winter 2016 copy which they now call "On Target - incorporating The Rifleman" and it is mentioned on page 48. Says there are 'several kit rule changes in effect from 2017' and for details see the ISSF website.
I can understand that a paper mag takes time to publish and is out of date before it hits the membership but website's news section can be updated daily, especially now the rules and the new wood stock amendment have been released. I am more interested at what level of UK competition (there are about 8) the rules apply.
TenMetrePeter

Post by TenMetrePeter »

Rather than edit my post and have someone pick it apart in the middle, let me add an example.
The Ely competition starts with 2 club postal rounds and some lucky shooters qualify for the shoulder-to-shoulder final at Bisley. One of our pistols qualified and arrived for the final in jeans and was initially refused entry. In his own words it was only when they realised he was not good enough to be a threat to anyone did they let him continue. That is where clarification is needed and I am sure that is not only a UK thing.