Air Venturi V10 match pistol

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

SPPcoach

Air Venturi V10 match pistol

Post by SPPcoach »

Here is a link to the new Air Venturi V10 Match pistol.
It is very affordable at $269.99. Seems to be an alternative to the FAS 6004 Daisy 717, or Beeman.
So what is wrong with this one? It is too cheap, it is too expensive, it doesn't have a . . . it is not left handed, it is not my color, . . .
Air Venturi wrote:Air Venturi V10 Competition Target Pistol
Single-stroke pneumatic
Single-shot
Two-stage adjustable trigger
Extremely accurate
Competition-grade rifled barrel
Recoil and vibration free

The .177 caliber V10 Competition Target Pistol is the ideal choice for your entry into 10-meter precision air pistol shooting. The single pump V10 is loaded with features typically found in competition match pistols costing much more. The handsome pneumatic target pistol resembles a semiautomatic rather than the single-shot it is, but it doesn't hurt the wallet like most other top-level match air pistols designed for 10-meter precision shooting.

Constructed with a competition-grade rifled steel barrel, the pistol features an attractive, adjustable walnut grip custom fit for right-handed shooters. There is a large palm shelf on the right side that adjusts comfortably to your hand, a thumb rest on the left, and the robust grip has added stippling for superior control. The Compact includes adjustable sights.

Generating 400 fps, the V10's single-stroke pneumatic power plant is free from recoil and vibration thus enhancing the pistol's accuracy. And since the V10 doesn't require CO2 cartridges or high-pressure tanks for filling, operation is convenient and simple. The lightweight Compact features a metal lower and well-balanced overall weight of less than 2 lbs., making it comfortable to shoot. The V10 features a two-stage adjustable trigger that can be adjusted down to .88 lbs.

In addition to its ease and dependability, the low and consistent velocity of the V10 make it a valuable tool for target practice and training. It's quiet too!

Choose the Air Venturi V10 precision air pistol and begin practicing to compete in local and regional level matches today!

A world-class performer with a down-to-earth price.
http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Air_Ventu ... ts+new+V10
David Levene

Re: Air Venturi V10 match pistol

Post by David Levene »

SPPcoach wrote:Here is a link to the new Air Venturi V10 Match pistol.
It is very affordable at $269.99. Seems to be an alternative to the FAS 6004 Daisy 717, or Beeman.
So what is wrong with this one? It is too cheap, it is too expensive, it doesn't have a . . . it is not left handed, it is not my color, . . .
It has been suggested on another thread that it's the same as a Gamo Compact.

If that's true, and the standard trigger quality is the same, then LOTS of work is required to even make it mediocre.

IMHO the Gamo Compact is responsible for many youngsters giving up pistol shooting; the trigger is that bad.
yana

Post by yana »

Also looks like the old air match 600? and like the joniskeit hurrican (sidelever)
SPPcoach

Post by SPPcoach »

David Levene wrote:IMHO the Gamo Compact is responsible for many youngsters giving up pistol shooting
David, what is your recommended pistol for beginners?
TenMetrePeter

Post by TenMetrePeter »

This is a photo of our club Gamo Compact with the perspex side plate removed. The reason the main sear/valve hammer is out of position is that as soon as the plate is taken off the fulcrum pins fall out of the holes in the plate and the whole thing collapses and you need probes to get the fulcrums back in place.
The reason I did this was because after a few years the side plate cracked across - a common fault. They changed from glass clear to opaque plastic.
The "first stage" is the slot in the trigger actuator. There is no adjustment for sear engagement or any other useful attribute. The sear faces are as machined, no polishing.

If someone has a similar shot of the V10 with the side off they can put it here to see how the trigger has been improved but they only claim an added trigger weight adjustment.

NB this is the Gamo not the V10
compactgamo_002.jpg
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

SPPcoach wrote:
David Levene wrote:IMHO the Gamo Compact is responsible for many youngsters giving up pistol shooting
David, what is your recommended pistol for beginners?
That's strange, I thought I answered this hours ago. I'm guessing at fat finger problems.

I'm afraid that I can't really offer any advice as my contact with new shooters is extremely limited.

Up until a couple of years ago my club ran a match to give Scouts groups a taste of ISSF shooting. My feelings about the Gamo Compact are mainly based on running EC for those matches. You could even feel the "graunchiness" of the triggers when just lifting the weight.

Those Scouts groups had based their purchases purely on price as they were buying several units at a time. I understand that many have now decided to spend (quite) a bit more and buy the cheaper guns from major manufacturers. I have seen several younger shooters using SP20s as well as LP2 Compacts.

It is obviously a problem if you need to buy several identical guns. I am firmly of the opinion however that the standard Gamo Compact trigger is so bad that it can turn young pistol shooters into rifle shooters, and that's a tragedy ;-(

If you only need 1 or 2 guns then you can't beat 2nd/3rd user guns from the main manufacturers.
Chia

Post by Chia »

What are people's thoughts on the Daisy 747? I know it's nose-heavy (and heavy in general), but the trigger isn't the worst, and it is adjustable.
slofyr

Post by slofyr »

Chia wrote:What are people's thoughts on the Daisy 747? I know it's nose-heavy (and heavy in general), but the trigger isn't the worst, and it is adjustable.
Clunky and unwieldy, powder-coated sheet metal and crude die-cast zinc alloy, plastic parts and overall toy-like cheapness, and an absurd towering bore axis and sight line.

Both the Daisy and Gamo are just toys when compared to the FAS 604 or 6004. Even with occasional QC problems, the ambi 6004 at $368 USD [Airguns of Arizona] makes it a best-buy bargain.
TenMetrePeter

Post by TenMetrePeter »

David Levene wrote: It has been suggested on another thread that it's the same as a Gamo Compact.

If that's true, and the standard trigger quality is the same, then LOTS of work is required to even make it mediocre.

IMHO the Gamo Compact is responsible for many youngsters giving up pistol shooting; the trigger is that bad.
this helps...

https://youtu.be/qNEuyM2k4OI
Rover

Post by Rover »

If, in fact, it IS the Gamo, then it's a piece of shit...but with OK grips.

If you need cheap guns for the kids, then your best shot is any of the top of the line CO2 guns. They have been back shelved by the PCP guns for no good reason except that the Kool-Ade has been guzzled. The bottom has fallen out of the prices for them. You can get world beaters really cheap. There is nothing else I can recommend.
northpaw

Post by northpaw »

David Levene wrote: If that's true, and the standard trigger quality is the same, then LOTS of work is required to even make it mediocre.

Thanks, David, you are right on the spot.
The only other gun, IMHO approaching a similar degree of badness is the very bad Røhm Twinmaster, and that one is very bad indeed.[/quote]
Rover wrote:If, in fact, it IS the Gamo, then it's a piece of shit
Every item with the tag Gamo (El Gamo) is in my opinion, as "Rover" so romantically formulated; a big turd of crap (poo). That includes every air pistol, every air rifle, and every tin of pellets of the El Gamo brand. El Gamo is as bad as it may ever get.

May The Lord save the shooting community from the spanish "El Gamo" shit.
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

northpaw wrote:That includes every air pistol, every air rifle, and every tin of pellets of the El Gamo brand. El Gamo is as bad as it may ever get. May The Lord save the shooting community from the spanish "El Gamo" shit.
I am not protecting the "El Gamo" brand. I still have an old Gamo Hunter 440 and 1250 magnum air rifle, (when they were built with steel and wood,
got rid of the Compact pistol) they're solid and accurate air rifles, but CANNOT be compared with German and English spring air rifles in terms of build quality.

Nowadays, what sucks about Gamo airguns is the EXTREME use of plastics in their manufacture for the mass market.
BSA airguns "rebranded" as Gamo are considered to be good guns.

The shooting community must be "digging" the El Gamo turd, since they're the largest producer of airguns in Europe AND the largest producer of airgun pellets in the world.
northpaw

Post by northpaw »

No, El Gamo is not the largest air pellet produser. That title goes to China, and the "Industry Brand" pellets.
1,3 billion inhabitants. A considerable persentage of those use air pellet guns...

China is the worlds largest producer of air pellet rifles, too.
TenMetrePeter

Post by TenMetrePeter »

It only took a weaker trigger spring and sear polish to go from a pull of 2.3kg to 700 grams but it makes you question why they thought 2.3kg was suitable for a 10 metre weapon.
This USA version of the Compact seems to have an adjustable screw in place of a fixed peg to anchor the trigger spring which at least addresses that issue. I still cant find a photo of the internals on the web.
But the thing that stopped me getting a nice first and second stage was the entire linkage from trigger blade to laminated steel sear is plastic.
Last edited by TenMetrePeter on Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

northpaw wrote:No, El Gamo is not the largest air pellet produser. That title goes to China, and the "Industry Brand" pellets.
Well, according to Gamo's USA website, they claim to be the largest manufacturer of pellets in the world, unless it's a typo error...

https://www.gamousa.com/aboutus.aspx

northpaw wrote:1,3 billion inhabitants. A considerable persentage of those use air pellet guns...
Nope, I don't think so...China's regulation on airguns is uber strict, a pellet gun firing over 1.8 J/cm2 is considered illegal...

northpaw wrote:China is the worlds largest producer of air pellet rifles.
Correct, according to an article from Hard Air Magazine, "Snowpeak airguns" claims to produce more than a million airguns per year!

https://hardairmagazine.com/news/snowpe ... ver-heard/