Shooting glasses/frames

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

ptf18

Shooting glasses/frames

Post by ptf18 »

Fellows: New to the site. I would like some suggestions for shooting glasses.

I shoot NRA XTC, Mid-Range and Long Range matches. Thus I am shooting from the standing, sitting and prone positions.

As a 62yo I am in need of shooting glasses and would like some input on what others would recommend for frames.

Previously I have used Zeiss (sp) type frames with adjustable height nose pieces.

I am now considering Champion/Knobloc type frames and would like input on the various models these manufactures offer. Perhaps there are others that offer similar type frames.

This type of frame seem to offer the most versatility. If so, the more expensive Champion's appear to have more adjustable features but I dont know if that is needed once the initial adjustments are set.

Thoughts please.
TenMetrePeter

Re: Shooting glasses/frames

Post by TenMetrePeter »

i used knobloch but both are admirable. Champions I have seen use the smaller lens size.
Are you sure one pair will do. I think you will need at least 2 maybe 3 if you dont want to adjust between pisitions.
efoleyjr

Re: Shooting glasses/frames

Post by efoleyjr »

Check out the MEC Glas. With that system you can have one set of frames and a different lens holder for each position. Very simple change but you need a separate lens for each position. MEC also less expensive than Champion and better.

Ed