Reguest for Moderator Action - End Politics

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

sbtzc

Reguest for Moderator Action - End Politics

Post by sbtzc »

Rarely posting, I read TargetTalk for insight into the sport of precision shooting, not for political bickering. There are numerous chat sites that are politically themed, but scarce few are devoted precision shooting.

I respectfully request that the moderators and administrator either ban politics or place the topic in a separate folder.
Ricardo

Re: Reguest for Moderator Action - End Politics

Post by Ricardo »

Add me to the request.
x90rider

Post by x90rider »

I agree, there are plenty of sites to trash talk about politics.
fc60

Post by fc60 »

Greetings,

I do not care for the political nonsense either.

However, restricting "free speech" is not something I care for either.

I would suggest a separate Forum marked "Political". That way, it is easy to avoid by not clicking on it.

Naturally, the Moderators would have to "police" political postings placed in the wrong topic section.

Cheers,

Dave
slofyr

Post by slofyr »

This is the "Shooters Lounge" section of TT. Lounges are generally places for open conversation with no topic restriction other than common decency. Nobody forces you to click on a posting. If Rover annoys, don't read his posts.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

slofyr wrote:This is the "Shooters Lounge" section of TT. Lounges are generally places for open conversation with no topic restriction other than common decency. Nobody forces you to click on a posting. If Rover annoys, don't read his posts.
I agree.

I would have been surprised if there had not been some comment after the election, and it was no surprise that it started with Rover.
sbtzc

Post by sbtzc »

David Levene wrote:
slofyr wrote:This is the "Shooters Lounge" section of TT. Lounges are generally places for open conversation with no topic restriction other than common decency. Nobody forces you to click on a posting. If Rover annoys, don't read his posts.
I agree.

I would have been surprised if there had not been some comment after the election, and it was no surprise that it started with Rover.
Very well. I withdraw my request.

Too bad the moderation of this site does not enforce "common decency" to the posts of trolls and bullies. I guess all gloves are off, right David?
v76

Post by v76 »

The absolute lack of substance should tell you this is only for attention-seeking and ego-feeding narcissistic purposes. Defeat it by not providing time nor insight, which is a bit too late. This thread is candy for trolls. It did work the first time... Read up on troll psychology, it is quite fascinating.

That said, I do enjoy a good show once in a while. Especially in a forum that mirrors the average age demographics in activity!
Last edited by v76 on Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sparky

Post by sparky »

sbtzc wrote:
David Levene wrote:
I agree.

Very well. I withdraw my request.

Too bad the moderation of this site does not enforce "common decency" to the posts of trolls and bullies. I guess all gloves are off, right David?
You don't have to even read the political posts, much less respond and participate in them. I don't see the big deal if they're in the Shooters Lounge section and not cluttering up the other sections (because they'd push topical threads further down the list).
C. Perkins

Post by C. Perkins »

I apologize to all for starting a fire storm on the "Question" topic by Rover.
The thread just below this one.

I wanted to show what happens when people talk religion and politics.

I posted some rhetoric to stir the pot as Rover so elegantly does from time to time.

What I posted is not my views but shows what happens on forums.
Guess what, people chimed in and all heck broke loose.
This is what happens.

Now if we want to keep it TT format then lets discuss the politics that go on in our shooting disciplines and not with USA and the worlds politics.

To me, that would be the proper discussions here.

Clarence