Chinese air gun manufacturers?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

IPshooter

Chinese air gun manufacturers?

Post by IPshooter »

Hello all,

I have a friend who is currently in China, and he wants to visit some of the more reputable Chinese air gun manufacturers. I know the lower cost air guns coming into the USA are usually made in China (isn't everything?). But, he thinks some of these companies also make higher-end products that we may not know about.

If anyone has suggestions about companies for him to contact, please let me know so I can relay it to him.

TIA

Stan
kevinweiho

Re: Chinese air gun manufacturers?

Post by kevinweiho »

Here you go:

http://chineseairgunportal.brutuz.com/factories.htm

Jianshe Emei is the chinese arms manufacturer that produces high quality olympic grade air pistols and air rifles. You'll have to tell your friend in China to ask the locals for contact information of the factory. Their website is always down.
TenMetrePeter

Post by TenMetrePeter »

If they made high end weapons would not the Chinese world class shooters be provided with them? I thought they used mostly German guns.
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

Although Jianshe Emei produces high end weapons, they still lack the luster and refinements that European guns offer. That may be the reason why Chinese world class shooters don’t use them.
Chia

Post by Chia »

When I was doing my research on which gun to get, I noticed this oddity. Despite the fact that asian athletes have had a very strong presence lately in 10M AP, I do not see any of them use a non-European air pistol. Am I wrong on this?