precision rifle that fires .22lr

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

ArcherDash

precision rifle that fires .22lr

Post by ArcherDash »

I've seen a picture of a gun that's designed just like a .177 10 meter rifle.
No idea what it's called or where to find it.
If you know, help please
Last edited by ArcherDash on Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tim S

Re: precision rifle that fires .22

Post by Tim S »

There are plenty of .22 spring air rifles, but I don't think you'll find any dedicated 10m target air rifles in .22 calibre. The rules usually specify .177 calibre, so there's no impetus to build one. Someone with the knowledge could build one or convert an existing 10m gun if they really wanted to.

Normally when people discuss a .22 target rifle, they mean a smallbore in .22LR cartridge.
ArcherDash

Post by ArcherDash »

Tim S wrote:There are plenty of .22 spring air rifles, but I don't think you'll find any dedicated 10m target air rifles in .22 calibre. The rules usually specify .177 calibre, so there's no impetus to build one. Someone with the knowledge could build one or convert an existing 10m gun if they really wanted to.

Normally when people discuss a .22 target rifle, they mean a smallbore in .22LR cartridge.
That's what I meant. .22LR
It looks just like the 10 meter gun
Ricardo

Re: precision rifle that fires .22lr

Post by Ricardo »

They are called match rifles. Check out: http://www.anschutznorthamerica.com/match-rifles.html
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

ArcherDash wrote:That's what I meant. .22LR
It looks just like the 10 meter gun
The closest you'll get to a .22LR 10m lookalike is a UIT Standard rifle like the Anschutz 1907 or Feinwerkbau 2700 Universal. However these won't be identical, as a rule change in 1997 made the Standard Rifle less popular, and it hasn't been developed in the way that 10m Rifles have with aluminium stocks. Other smallbore rifles also have Alu stocks, but these are the more complex Sport and Free rifles and are easily distinguished from an air rifle by the fancy hook butt, and other features like a palm rest for standing, handstop for Prone and Kneeling etc.