ISSF Rules

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

David Levene

Re: ISSF Rules

Post by David Levene »

TenMetrePeter wrote:With white background and the traditional sub six aiming what could be better than black, even Carbide flame soot black (these lighters are still available from Germany!)

How would a lighter colour help here?
Some people say they find coloured sights easier on the Rapid target. (I always preferred black)
IPshooter

Post by IPshooter »

TenMetrePeter wrote:
IPshooter wrote:If this rule, as currently drafted, prohibits anything other than completely black sights, I really hope that someone will come to their senses at the ISSF.

Stan
With white background and the traditional sub six aiming what could be better than black, even Carbide flame soot black (these lighters are still available from Germany!)

Pistol_sight_picture.png
That sight picture doesn't work on the RF target.
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

David Levene wrote:
TenMetrePeter wrote:With white background and the traditional sub six aiming what could be better than black, even Carbide flame soot black (these lighters are still available from Germany!)

Some people say they find coloured sights easier on the Rapid target. (I always preferred black)
Me too for both paper and EST; provided it is an ISSF compliant 25m range (6.4.1.5).
For outdoors (service style events), I found a coloured front sight was an advantage.
TenMetrePeter

Post by TenMetrePeter »

David Levene wrote:

Hmm, not for much longer then.
I predict rapid fire will be next on the list for removal from Olympics. In EU the Commission's push towards removing any lethal weapon capable of rapid fire from legal public ownership (crooks and terrorists can still have them of course) does not bode well for RF.
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

TenMetrePeter wrote: I predict rapid fire will be next on the list for removal from Olympics. In EU the Commission's push towards removing any lethal weapon capable of rapid fire from legal public ownership (crooks and terrorists can still have them of course) does not bode well for RF.
Interesting .... include the SGs for Skeet & Trap?
TenMetrePeter

Post by TenMetrePeter »

jhmartin wrote:
TenMetrePeter wrote: I predict rapid fire will be next on the list for removal from Olympics. In EU the Commission's push towards removing any lethal weapon capable of rapid fire from legal public ownership (crooks and terrorists can still have them of course) does not bode well for RF.
Interesting .... include the SGs for Skeet & Trap?
Nah. shotguns supported by wealthy land owners. Gentleman's weapon.