5 Week Online Shooting League - Like a Postal Match

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

imac

Re: 5 Week Online Shooting League - Like a Postal Match

Post by imac »

Hi there
Is the nc-ar-10 target the same as the ISSF 10 meter target? We don't have a multi bull target available down here in New Zealand but a couple of us are keen to shoot the air rifle 3p event.
NetCompetitor

Post by NetCompetitor »

Hi imac, as long as the targets follow ISSF rules they'll work.

Here's the rulebook for 3P Air Rifle too:
http://thecmp.org/wp-content/uploads/Ru ... ver=092816

-Matt
We Connect Competitive Shooting Athletes.
siordian1

Post by siordian1 »

I can do a monthly 60 shot match.
davidjohngoode

Post by davidjohngoode »

Yes, I'm good for a monthly 60-shot match, starting if possible in January.

Should we standardise the distance? There might be something to be said for limiting distance to 20 yards or 25 metres, so everyone can shoot indoors at a more or less similar distance.

Having just got home from my first proper free pistol training session at 50 metres, I can tell you it's a lot more difficult than using the same firearm and scaled targets at 20 yards!
Chia

Post by Chia »

davidjohngoode wrote:Yes, I'm good for a monthly 60-shot match, starting if possible in January.

Should we standardise the distance? There might be something to be said for limiting distance to 20 yards or 25 metres, so everyone can shoot indoors at a more or less similar distance.

Having just got home from my first proper free pistol training session at 50 metres, I can tell you it's a lot more difficult than using the same firearm and scaled targets at 20 yards!
I'm pretty sure I remember something like this being talked about in another thread. While the target is scaled down, the bullet is not. So if you are shooting at 25 meters instead of 50, your bullet's 'scoring' diameter is twice the size it would be at 50.
siordian1

Post by siordian1 »

I am OK with shooting Free Pistol any any distance provided you use the correct targets. I like the B35 target at 25 yards.
davidjohngoode

Post by davidjohngoode »

OK, I'm happy with whatever the majority chooses.

I'm not sure the larger bullet hole relative to the scoring ring of a scaled-down target really conveys much of an advantage. At least, not in my case!
davidjohngoode

Post by davidjohngoode »

Did we agree in the end on 30 shots for this Kick-Off league? The details page says 6 x 10.
UtahDave

Post by UtahDave »

I'm shooting the B35 target (three targets per week) at 25 yds and for BE or sport pistol, I'm shooting the B2 And B3 at 50 ft.

David
davidjohngoode

Post by davidjohngoode »

I'll stick with my original plan of shooting on PL15s at 20 yards. I'm looking forward to getting started!
NetCompetitor

Post by NetCompetitor »

davidjohngoode wrote:Did we agree in the end on 30 shots for this Kick-Off league? The details page says 6 x 10.
Oops! I had changed the scoring to the 3x10 but missed that in the details! I have changed it there too.

-Matt
NetCompetitor

Post by NetCompetitor »

The 2016 Net Competitor Kick-Off League has begun! Registration is still open until the Week 1 score submission deadline on Nov. 6th. Week 1 Results will be available Nov. 7th on the website.

The League now includes 84 people in 11 states and 2 countries and still growing. Can you help us reach 100 http://kickoff.postalleague.com
dand

Post by dand »

I believe that the PL-15 is the an incorrect target. The PL-14 fits the ratio of ten ring diameter to distance when compared to the NRA targets listed in the match rules.
It doesn't really matter much to me but you might want to check it yourself before you decide.

Dan
davidjohngoode

Post by davidjohngoode »

dand wrote:I believe that the PL-15 is the an incorrect target. The PL-14 fits the ratio of ten ring diameter to distance when compared to the NRA targets listed in the match rules.
It doesn't really matter much to me but you might want to check it yourself before you decide.
Dan, we discussed this further up the thread. The PL15 will put me at a disadvantage as it's a smaller aiming mark, but it's what I'm used to at 20 yards, and it's what I've got a stock of.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

davidjohngoode wrote:
dand wrote:I believe that the PL-15 is the an incorrect target. The PL-14 fits the ratio of ten ring diameter to distance when compared to the NRA targets listed in the match rules.
The PL15 will put me at a disadvantage as it's a smaller aiming mark,
Sorry, but no it won't; it puts you at a big advantage.

The PL15 has the same size aiming mark as the PL14, it's just that all of the rings are bigger on the PL15.
davidjohngoode

Post by davidjohngoode »

David Levene wrote: Sorry, but no it won't; it puts you at a big advantage.

The PL15 has the same size aiming mark as the PL14, it's just that all of the rings are bigger on the PL15.
Ah, right. Well, I haven't got any PL14s, and I'm not going to pay NSRA shop prices for a pack I won't use anywhere else!
davidjohngoode

Post by davidjohngoode »

Right, I had a brainwave and remembered that the LSR shooters at another club that uses our range shoot on PL14s, so I've secured enough of them from their secretary to do this comp.
willnewton

Post by willnewton »

There are shooters in a separate Bullseye forum that are interested in this. The B2 and B3 for 50 ft .22 precision pistol are not as commonly used as the 25-yard B-16 and B-8, which most shooting ranges have on hand. If the space is available, there is also the B-6 for 50-yard slow fire.

These targets, when used at appropriate distances are all equally acceptable in NRA competition and are considered fairly equivalent in scoring with adjustments to the black area to keep the shooters sight picture the same. See the NRA pistol rulebook, page 19 for target information.

I understand allowing a shorter range to make it easier to find a shooting range to participate, but this is like forcing 10m air pistol folks to shoot 5m. Yes, it is convenient, but does not represent the standard format of competition.

Is it OK to shoot our normal targets or are we required to shoot B2-B3?

http://www.bullseyeforum.net/t6470-5-we ... day-postal
davidjohngoode

Post by davidjohngoode »

Quick question about entering scores. Do we enter the actual score, e.g. 80, or the number off, i.e. 20?
NetCompetitor

Post by NetCompetitor »

willnewton wrote:There are shooters in a separate Bullseye forum that are interested in this. The B2 and B3 for 50 ft .22 precision pistol are not as commonly used as the 25-yard B-16 and B-8, which most shooting ranges have on hand. If the space is available, there is also the B-6 for 50-yard slow fire.

These targets, when used at appropriate distances are all equally acceptable in NRA competition and are considered fairly equivalent in scoring with adjustments to the black area to keep the shooters sight picture the same. See the NRA pistol rulebook, page 19 for target information.

I understand allowing a shorter range to make it easier to find a shooting range to participate, but this is like forcing 10m air pistol folks to shoot 5m. Yes, it is convenient, but does not represent the standard format of competition.

Is it OK to shoot our normal targets or are we required to shoot B2-B3?

http://www.bullseyeforum.net/t6470-5-we ... day-postal

Hi Will,

Thanks for sharing on the Bullseye Forum!

You bring up a very good point! It should be allowed, just like we are doing with free pistol. We don't want to be exclusive. We are taking in all this feedback so it's good to hear all of this information. We plan to run matches on a regular basis and improve what we are doing, which would include the option of grouping shooters by distance if there are enough participants to make that possible.