Finger position and placement

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Xman

Finger position and placement

Post by Xman »

I have been shooting AP and Bullseye (22 only). The AP with an Izzy and the 22 is a Buckmark with factory target grips.

As they have completely different grip style I need some advice.

I shot SB for decades and HP for maybe 10 years, so I know about trigger control, sight picture, NPA, follow through ....so not a trigger newbie..

However my finger placements for on the 2 different grips feel very different.

I could go the route and get matching IZZY grips for the Buckmark (Fung or precisiontargetpistolgrips.com.) But until then I still have the problem. My finger pad center is in the center of the trigger on both for maximum sensitivity and minimum movement. The rest of the finger is the main issue. On the Izzy the 2nd and 3rd joint have a resting place so I only need move the first joint on the trigger.

On the buckmark the 3rd joint has a place to sit but not the 2nd joint. I'd rather not putty up the factory grips on the buckmark ( In hope of reselling to upgrade pistol).

The question is: Do I change pad/1st joint position on the buckmark to let the 2nd joint have a resting place? I may have to place the buckmark trigger in the crease of the 1st and 2nd joint to accomplish this.

I have read/heard of wearing a glove on the shooting hand to "thicken up" palm area thereby allowing the possibility of my getting the 2nd joint to rest on the grip.

All Ideas are welcome.
David M

Re: Finger position and placement

Post by David M »

You actually want it the other way round.
Your trigger finger should not be resting on or
touching any part of the grip or frame.
ghillieman

Re: Finger position and placement

Post by ghillieman »

Don't rest your trigger finger on the grip, when you pull the trigger it introduces movement into the pistol. Trigger finger out and away. Are you on facebook? If so look up and join Texas Precision Pistol Network.