battery conversion for morini

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

tedloehrke

battery conversion for morini

Post by tedloehrke »

Is it possible to convert an older mornin 162e to the AAA batteries?
David M

Re: battery conversion for morini

Post by David M »

Yes, but you need to change the switch assy as well as the circuit board.
Old Morini is 15v and different switch poles.
JFuller

Post by JFuller »

[quote="tedloehrke"]Is it possible to convert an older mornin 162e to the AAA batteries?[/quote]

If you are looking for the 15v batteries, I just bought a few on EBay after recently buying a Morini, I sure I could spare you one, let me know. John
David M

Post by David M »

JFuller wrote:If you are looking for the 15v batteries, I just bought a few on EBay after recently buying a Morini, I sure I could spare you one, let me know. John
Also look at a Morini battery Adaptor to use 10x 1.5 Volt “SR54”batteries.
http://www.morini.ch/download/16.pdf
tedloehrke

Post by tedloehrke »

I have two spare batteries but they are somewhat hard to find and a little pricey. Thought I would convert to the AAA batteries if it were fairly simple to accomplish.
JFuller

Post by JFuller »

[quote="tedloehrke"]I have two spare batteries but they are somewhat hard to find and a little pricey. Thought I would convert to the AAA batteries if it were fairly simple to accomplish.[/quote]
Not sure how you intend to use the 10 AAA's you'll need to get the 15v you need.
I was going to use 10 watch batteries ( can't find the info right now) when mine died but found a great deal on Ebay and even then I'm still using the same one it came with, plus thousands of shots per batt are expected so no need to change.