FWB 80 barrel/top end free play when cocked?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

218bee

FWB 80 barrel/top end free play when cocked?

Post by 218bee »

Have a stock FWB Model 80 that still shoots great but has fore & aft movement of the top end assembly when it's cocked & ready to fire. Not much, maybe just enough to wobble it front to back. Is this normal? Don't think my other Model 80 & 65 have this free play. Only present when pistol is in the ready to fire condition. Just an adjustment? If so, where?
Not covered in the manual.

Thanks
218bee

Re: FWB 80 barrel/top end free play when cocked?

Post by 218bee »

Never mind.. Figured it out.
dulcmr-man

Post by dulcmr-man »

218bee wrote:Never mind.. Figured it out.
Please... Inquiring minds want to know. What was the problem? How did you fix it?
218bee

Post by 218bee »

Don't know what the actual part is called, but it's the sliding round block that the two rearward action screws go into. Remove the grip and lower half of pistol. You'll see, in the rear, the round block where the two action screws thread into. This slides on a steel rod and mine had two paper thin steel washers on the rod on one end, and one steel washer on the other. The whole assembly is held together with two "C" clips. I removed both C clips, took one washer off and moved it to the other side of the rod assembly and replaced the C clips. Now the other side has the two washers and the original side only has the one washer. Pistol is tight as a drum now and stacks pellets. I guess the washers are there to take up free play. Moving them to either side accomplished this..
TenMetrePeter

Post by TenMetrePeter »

does the barrel and receiver still slide forward full distance on cocking and slide fully back on firing? Uncocked it should be loose enough to drop forwards on tipping the pistol down to the floor and shaking down. So a bit of fore and aft when cocked seems ok anyway.