Ranges / Matches in the Houston area

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

lee1982

Ranges / Matches in the Houston area

Post by lee1982 »

I'm looking for info on ranges & matches for 10m air rifle held in the Houston area, but I'm having a hard time finding anything. Can anyone in the area lend me a hand? Thanks!
RED RAIDER

Re: Ranges / Matches in the Houston area

Post by RED RAIDER »

What do you shoot?

Bayou Rifle has a NRA Smallbore match the first Sat of every month.

I know of a few others as well.
ghillieman

Post by ghillieman »

Not aware of air pistol near Houston. Go to a bullseye match in Houston and ask around. I think College Station and Austin might, I know Dallas does.
Jack S

Post by Jack S »

Hi there,

This is Jack Shada here. There is actually quite a bit of precision rifle shooting in the Houston area. I host the 3P/ prone matches at Bayou Rifles. We shoot the first Saturday of the month at our Addicks range. http://www.bayourfiles.org. Check in is at 9 and the match starts at 10am. Match bulletin attached!

There are also USA Shooting and TSRA events throughout the year and Bayou also has an active smallbore and airgun silhouette program as well!

Come on out to the range and join us sometime.

Jack
Attachments
3P Match Bulletin 2016 rev 0.doc
(40 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
lee1982

Post by lee1982 »

Sounds like smallbore has a lot more options than air rifle so far... Still, if anyone has info on any air rifle matches, I'm all ears. Thanks!
smmhusm

Post by smmhusm »

Austin Rifle Club will be hosting air rifle and pistol matches hopefully starting sometime this year.