MATCH AND FINALS USING THE INTERNET III

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Sill

MATCH AND FINALS USING THE INTERNET III

Post by Sill »

Hi All,

As we humans are skeptical with new things or changes, sometimes we just need a chance to have a first time without risks.

This opportunity is unique for the shooter to save travel time, and of course money, and face a match against good athletes around US or abroad, plus a finals as they are held on the official National events.

The athlete set up his or her home range, turn on the computer with the camera, and will have the little images from their fellow competitors, on their home ranges, and of course myself, as a the person who will run the match/final.

All the feelings of the clubs and National events match will be felt by the athlete, principally on the finals.

Try once and if you don't like I will give your money back.

Of course after the match/final, the athlete will dismount his or her range and go on with their life for the day.

Have a great day,

Sill
“If we just listened to our intellect, we'd never have a love affair. We'd never have a friendship. We'd never go into business. Well, that's ridiculous! You've got to jump of cliffs all the time and build your wings on he way down”
Ray Bradbury
Pheyden

Re: MATCH AND FINALS USING THE INTERNET III

Post by Pheyden »

To a certain extent you will find that auch an international match environment already exists in the 10M Pistol Competition League (PCL), which I administer on Facebook.

No, it is not live video, but realistically (putting aside international time zone issues) ther is nothing to prevent me setting up a Skype video conference call to all the prospective participants. I woukd then be able to receive feeds from all participants. One oukd then have to take this and send it to the internet as a live feed for redistribution. Have not given any great thought as to how to do this yet.

For the moment I am happy with how the PCL functions, with perhaps the only one xception being people who sign up and then never bother to participate.
SlartyBartFast

Re: MATCH AND FINALS USING THE INTERNET III

Post by SlartyBartFast »

Perhaps the two of you could post your views in the topic I just started.

http://ttorg.targettalk.net/viewtopic.p ... 97#p253203
- Smith & Wesson SW22 Victory
- FAS SP607