22LR, single shot, bolt action rifle, 7 oz trigger capable

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

damonlan

22LR, single shot, bolt action rifle, 7 oz trigger capable

Post by damonlan »

Looking for suggestions on a single shot, bolt action 22 with a bull barrel (1" or less diameter), that I can take the trigger down to 7oz, or that has a easy replacement option for the trigger that can go down to 7 oz. I really need a two stage trigger that is crisp in stage two with little or no creep. Needs to be priced under $600 please.

Thanks in advance for any input.
Damon Landschoot
Cibola County, New Mexico
4H Shooting Sports Instructor
Doodaddy

Re: 22LR, single shot, bolt action rifle, 7 oz trigger capab

Post by Doodaddy »

damonlan wrote:Looking for suggestions on a single shot, bolt action 22 with a bull barrel (1" or less diameter), that I can take the trigger down to 7oz, or that has a easy replacement option for the trigger that can go down to 7 oz. I really need a two stage trigger that is crisp in stage two with little or no creep. Needs to be priced under $600 please.

Thanks in advance for any input.
Steep requirements for that budget, but it's not impossible. If you can find a Kimber 82G under $600 that would be a good start. Xtreme makes a great two stage trigger replacement for that rifle.

http://www.x-tremeshooting.com/index.ph ... mber%2082G

Other than that, a single shot Savage Anschutz and buying a two stage trigger of theirs to fit is another option.
Thauglor

Post by Thauglor »

I have a used Anschutz 1903Jr that fits that description and budget. It is in the sale thread.

Unfortunately, a new rifle with that budget and those requirements will be hard to find. I would look on gunbroker for a used rifle.
damonlan

Post by damonlan »

Doodaddy, is the 82G still available from the CMP? Else where can I find?

Thanks for the reply
Damon Landschoot
Doodaddy

Post by Doodaddy »

damonlan wrote:Doodaddy, is the 82G still available from the CMP? Else where can I find?

Thanks for the reply
If it were still listed at the CMP you'd have no issues staying under $600, but unfortunately they're not. They pop up in classifieds across various forums. I see them mostly on RFC and Gunbroker. It will be quite a deal if you find one sub $600 with the way the market has been with them recently.

I have a Savage Aschutz 164 sporter that is very accurate that I listed for sale on RFC, but it's not a bull barrel nor a single shot otherwise I would have suggested it. I know two stage triggers are available for the Anschutz models.
jsealc21

Post by jsealc21 »

I have an 82G star grade that might fit your bill...call me at 909-262.6476 Thanks, Jonathan Seal
Rover

Post by Rover »

Jon is OK, for a prevert.

When ya gonna shoot with us again?
damonlan

Post by damonlan »

Hey Jonathan, I'll call tomorrow.
Damon Landschoot
jsealc21

Post by jsealc21 »

Hi Roger, but only a Kiwi Prevert, so that's different!!! Upside down is where it's at !!!
jsealc21

Post by jsealc21 »

damonlan wrote:Hey Jonathan, I'll call tomorrow.
Ok Damon, anytime is fine...!!
jsealc21

Post by jsealc21 »

Rover wrote:Jon is OK, for a prevert.

When ya gonna shoot with us again?
Actually picked up my Toz the other day,and figured out which hand it went on too!! Have a buggered up shoulder, which doesn't make life too easy, unfortunately...if the course of fire was limited to 3 shots, I'd be right there!! Tho I do miss you fellas, and the beers and burritos afterward!!! Say Hi to all for me...Jay is doing good for a Phoenix fellow!!! Congrats on his selection!!!
damonlan

Post by damonlan »

CZ has got one that fits the bill. CZ 455 Varmint with mag insert to make single shot. Think I'm going that way.
Damon Landschoot
Doodaddy

Post by Doodaddy »

damonlan wrote:CZ has got one that fits the bill. CZ 455 Varmint with mag insert to make single shot. Think I'm going that way.
With that FLY trigger or whatever it's called, CZ should have what you're looking for if the single shot adapter has a loading ramp that is suitable for you. I say that because no single shot adapter I've seen has been anything but awkward.

Another pro towards the CZ is that you have aftermarket barrel options that are easily done and plenty of rifle stock sources.