Training Facilities for Air Pistol & Air Rifle Northern NE

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Brian Lafferty

Training Facilities for Air Pistol & Air Rifle Northern NE

Post by Brian Lafferty »

I've relocated and am living in the Northeast Kingdom area of Vermont. I'm a two hour drive from Burlington and Montreal. I belong to the Caledonia club near St. Johnsbury, VT for firearms use. Does anyone know of any air programs or air friendly indoor ranges in my area. USA Shooting has be very nice to deal with, but they are not aware of anything in my area. FWIW, I am loath to joining the NRA unless there is no alternative. Thanks in advance. Maybe I should move to Eastern Europe?? :-)
Peakconti

Re: Training Facilities for Air Pistol & Air Rifle Northern

Post by Peakconti »

I live in Plattsburgh NY (yes that two hours from you I am guessing) we run both smallbore and air rifle matches at my club and would love to have you join us. However I know Northfield VT, (about an hour from you) also holds both smallbore and air rifle matches. I think they may be the closest active shooting club to you. They sponsor a team in the league I run (the VT Winter Postal League). You might want to consider shooting as an individual, forming your own team, or joining their club and shooting with them in this league. We have an air rifle division so it would fit in fine and you can even shoot from home and compete. Last year we had over 30 teams and over 200 shooters in the league. If you send me an e-mail to VTWinterPostalLeague@yahoo.com I can provide more info or the e-mail address for a member of the Norhtfield Club. I know that they hold or held air rifle matches in Wiliston VT as well. They also hold air rifle matches in Troy NY and Rotterdam NY. Their is a club in our league from Barrington NH (3 hours) and Whitehall NY (2 1/2 hours) but I think they both only have a smallbore program. So Northfield is your best choice.

Peter
Brian Lafferty

Post by Brian Lafferty »

Thanks very much. I'll email you in a moment. One other question. Do they also do any air pistol postal matches?
Peakconti wrote:I live in Plattsburgh NY (yes that two hours from you I am guessing) we run both smallbore and air rifle matches at my club and would love to have you join us. However I know Northfield VT, (about an hour from you) also holds both smallbore and air rifle matches. I think they may be the closest active shooting club to you. They sponsor a team in the league I run (the VT Winter Postal League). You might want to consider shooting as an individual, forming your own team, or joining their club and shooting with them in this league. We have an air rifle division so it would fit in fine and you can even shoot from home and compete. Last year we had over 30 teams and over 200 shooters in the league. If you send me an e-mail to VTWinterPostalLeague@yahoo.com I can provide more info or the e-mail address for a member of the Norhtfield Club. I know that they hold or held air rifle matches in Wiliston VT as well. They also hold air rifle matches in Troy NY and Rotterdam NY. Their is a club in our league from Barrington NH (3 hours) and Whitehall NY (2 1/2 hours) but I think they both only have a smallbore program. So Northfield is your best choice.

Peter
Peakconti

Post by Peakconti »

I sent you an e-mail about the league and another with the contact information for the Northfield Club. Not sure of anyone that does air pistol matches in the area. I know the Northfield club has a pistol program as some of the cadets from Northfield University that meet at this club came over to my club for a pistol match last winter. My guess is their has to be a postal league out their someplace for air pistol.
Brian Lafferty

Post by Brian Lafferty »

Target Shooting Canada has run postal for all Olympic shooting disciplines for quite a while. Patrick who ran the site was appointed as a national coach and the site doesn't seem to be maintained as well as it was previously. The postal link there doesn't seem to work. I'll follow up with that later today. However, I'm much interested in meeting some new folks in the flesh. I will follow up with Northfield and at some point take a run over to Plattsburgh, likely in September. I'm preparing to teach a Business Law course at the Community College of Vermont this Fall, so my July/August travel will be a wee bit limited. Again, many thanks for the information.
Brian