Last Olympics for Free Pistol?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

shaky hands

Re: Last Olympics for Free Pistol?

Post by shaky hands »

Tim S wrote:I cannot disagree that England are not particularly good at football. However I think most fans are justified in being annoyed at one win in four matches, even if we ignore those who cherish somewhat unrealistic expectation of success.
You just have to conquer Wales and force their players to play for England. Problem solved.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Nah, Wales is sticking with the EU.
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

Rover wrote:Nah, Wales is sticking with the EU.
No, that's Scotland; Wales voted out. Scotland is the kingdom north of England, and Wales is the principality to the west in case you had forgotten.
Last edited by Tim S on Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

shaky hands wrote:
Tim S wrote:You just have to conquer Wales and force their players to play for England. Problem solved.
We've already done that. The male voice choirs would make it impossible now.
william

Post by william »

Blackadder said all one ever needs to know about Wales:

"Blackadder: Have you ever been to Wales, Baldrick?

Baldrick: No, but I've often thought I'd like to.

Blackadder: Well don't. It's a ghastly place. Huge gangs of tough, sinewy men roam the Valleys, terrorizing people with their close-harmony singing. You need half a pint of phlegm in your throat just to pronounce the place names. Never ask for directions in Wales, Baldrick. You'll be washing spit out of your hair for a fortnight."
gwsb

Post by gwsb »

Bradley 300 m free rifle has been gone since 1972 replaced in 1984 by air rifle. The reason they ditched it was money. It takes too much to build a range for 300 m. You can shoot air in almost any building.

My understanding is Prone is toast. It is sad that the NGB's can't set the program. Each sport has it's own events that have a history and reason for being in the events list, but the IOC, like the NCAA in America is all about the tv $$.