NRA or New Governing Body?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Should smallbore shooters form a new governing body?

Stay with the NRA as status quo.
21%
Start fresh and form a new smallbore organization.
79%

Total votes: 33

randy1952

Re: NRA or New Governing Body?

Post by randy1952 »

jhmartin wrote:
randy1952 wrote:I can understand your frustrations, but if not people voice their opinion they eventually have to listen. I know it takes more work and time to make it happen, but sometimes those sacrifices have to be made for the greater good.
Randy ... liken this to the USA Shooting situation.
We (the members) were able to get changes to the bylaws ONLY by getting the USOC involved. The board was not listening to the members, and really did not care. And we're only now in the process of operating under the new bylaws. Who knows what will come?

Very similar to the NRA competition committee(s).
There is no "USOC" type entity to get involved here ... only the members, and there are not enough that care about the board members who have 1) interest or 2)experience in competitions ... as evidenced by the last BOD elections. I just don't think the complaints of the competition folks fall on interested ears ... the change will have to come from getting BOD members who care involved ... possible? ... only if the members vote for those running for the board that care about making changes to the comp committee(s).
I would agree and that is why it is essential that all the shooters need to get involved. The other problem is getting more new blood involved to makeup for the shooters that sit on the sideline. I do think that the shooting organizations are operating on a false premise that more people are involved in shooting. Yes they there maybe an increase in shooting, but in my unscientific opinion it is not in this
shooting sport. The increase has mostly been in shotgun and the spray and pray crowd. There was a brief period one year when one of the NRA Competition managers commented that 80 plus percentage of the participants at the Camp Perry Matches were over 60 years old. When he made this statement in there magazine "USA Shooting Sports" I thought somebody finally recognized a problem.