Scatt USB or WS1

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Muffo

Scatt USB or WS1

Post by Muffo »

I have read older posts that there was trouble with the ws1. Is this still the case, or have they all been sorted
jcar

Post by jcar »

I'd like to hear thoughts on this as well.
dontshootcritters

Post by dontshootcritters »

If other people have a satisfactory answer for you then great.If you still require an answer I suggest that you ring SCATT direct.Their contact number is on their website.I had cause to ring them myself earlier this year and the help was first class and they spoke English.Ask for Dmitry.
dmcmd

Post by dmcmd »

I just bought a ws1 and I haven't had a single problem with it. I'm glad I don't have a cord hanging off of my rifle.

Post by Guest »

I contacted Champion Shooters, here in the US, and asked for thier thoughts. They sell both the USB and the WS1 versions of the Scatt. I was informed that they've sold 3 - 4 batches/skids (not sure how many per) of the WS1 and have had no problems with customer complaints or returns. They have a WS1 set up on thier show room floor, allowing customers to try different rifles and pistols, and have had no problems with it either. I asked if the internal lithium battery in the the transmitter could be changed by the user. They said "technically" it couldn't and would need to be sent back to Scatt for replacement. The estimated life expectancy on the battery is 5 years or so. I was told that Scatt will have a service center in the US, in the near future, to address this. While not recommended by Scatt, I was also told that this was a fairly standard lithium battery and could be changed "carefully" by the user. Apparently the internals are fairly delicate.
up2spec

Re: Scatt USB or WS1

Post by up2spec »

I have a WS1 purchased in Mid 2013. The first unit I got the sensor/transmitter had a problem with the battery after only using it once and then charging it. The blue LED that is supposed to tun off once charging has completed was still on after 12 hours of charging, the sensor then did not work at all (presume defective battery). I contacted the place I purchased it (scattusa.com) and they shipped me a new one more or less straight away and I sent the old one to a repair facility in Germany. This was all covered by warranty. Great service.

Since then it's been flawless, but I went' to charge it last night and this morning the same problem as 4 years ago (blue LED still on after 12 hours). I have contacted scattusa.com again, but yet to receive a response. The battery is only about 4.5 years old. A little disappointing it doesn't last longer than that. Especially as in the time I've had it I have probably only needed to charge it a couple of times per year as it appears to use very little power. I'd expect a LiPo battery to be good for at least 100 charges or 10 years. Hopefully it can be easily and cheaply repaired.

[update] It's been a few days now. Have contacted both info@scattusa.com and info@scatt.com. No reply :-(