Batteries are for Kids Toys

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Luftskytter-

Post by Luftskytter- »

Freepistol wrote:
Luftskytter- wrote:. . . . And yes, I love the electronic trigger. It teaches me to shoot better because it has no need for an endstop since it doesn't "break" on shot release. To me that's the "purpose" of an electronic trigger.
Oh no, Luftskytter, you broke the electronic trigger silence code.

Sorry:

does that mean they'll be banned from competition because of the unfair advantage?
FabioBrazil

Post by FabioBrazil »

I think sport weapons for olympic shooting only with mechanical systems.

I am not against tecnology, but the essence of olympic shooting, the extreme body and mind controls should be tested without any eletronic devices or artificial optical enhancers.

As the say of the topic's caption: Batteries are for kids toys.
ghostrip

Post by ghostrip »

Your point suggests that we should have single spec pistol for each discipline because even mechanical triggers have different characteristics between designs. LP10 for example for AP, Toz for FP etc. I believe ergonomics and features assist the mind to achieve that 100%. Every person has different needs and e-triggers help with trigger consistency as much as absorbers help with follow through. As long as the trigger has not a mind of its own and is operated in a consistent manner from the shooter I i certainly won't reject them.
guidolastra

Post by guidolastra »

I think Peter Sidi did have a trigger malfunction as he said. If you look the ISSF video it would seem that he is having trouble with it during that bad shot. I cannot explain why it worked fine after that though..
ghostrip

Post by ghostrip »

I guess only he (sidi) will know after he dissasembles his rifle for cleaning/inspection. for now the story is battery was almost drained.
candace

Post by candace »

I think people just like to make excuses for their failures. It's so much easier to blame something than take responsibility for your own mistake. I hear stories like this all the time. I think it's too easy to simply put in fresh batteries before a match for drained batteries to ever be a problem.
muffo as guest

Post by muffo as guest »

So nobody has ever had a problem with a mechanical trigger? Im the second owner of my morini AP and the first owner had it for about 6 years and never changed the batteries. After that I have put about 6000 rounds through it and it has just started to get low. Also when the voltage gets low it flashes multiple times when u turn it on. So the only way to have that problem would be have the same batteries for years and then ignore the fact that the batteries are going flat
latinedi

Post by latinedi »

It seems that the mechanical trigger is better than the battery operated. It is not good for a competition. You could be running out of battery while you are currently competing.

SEO
Last edited by latinedi on Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
peterz

Post by peterz »

How hard is it to put in fresh batteries the day of a match? If you can afford to shoot an air pistol with an electronic trigger, presumably you can afford a couple of batteries once in a while, even if you are discarding perfectly servicable ones in the interest of having confidence.
luftskytter-

Post by luftskytter- »

Tomorrow I'm planning to buy a new battery for my MG1E. I measured the voltage last week: Approx 10.6 volts. I dropped in another used battery that measured about 10.7 volts and have used this for a week. I know I'm in the red zone when approaching 10.3 volts (I tried running down the first battery that came with the gun). A new one is about 12 volts. Changing the batter means unscrewing two little Allen bolts with a hex key that's always in the guncase, and lifting off the lid. The rest is just like changing the battery in any "child's toy" :-)
Takes a couple of minutes. Then I'll be safe the rest of this winter.
Thursday night there's a little competition.......

Remember this is not a "go to" survival gun for the next world war, just a "toy" for use in indoor competition.
luftskytter-

Post by luftskytter- »

New battery measured 12.6 volts.
The old one was still working fine at 10.4 V when I changed it.
So now I'll be OK the rest of the year and maybe until summer :-)
TomAmlie

Post by TomAmlie »

The problem may have been due to something other than a weak battery. My Morini CM84 was acting up (fortunately not during a match) and apparently something was interfering with the contact points, whether it was a piece of lint or something or perhaps a build-up of oxidization. In any event, drawing a piece of 1200 grit wet-or-dry sandpaper through the points a few times cleared it up.

Reminded me of "the old days" of working on cars with points & condenser ignition systems.
KennyB

Post by KennyB »

I do a lot of high profile corporate events which involve Radio Mics.
You always change the batteries before the event.
ALWAYS.
For the sake of the cost of a few decent quality batteries it's a no-brainer.

Some failures are unavoidable/unforseeable - bad things happen and all that, flat batteries - you have nobody to blame but yourself.

K.
Rover

Re: Batteries are for Kids Toys

Post by Rover »

Just give the damn batteries to your "honey". She'll know how to put them to good use!
renzo

Post by renzo »

Nobody noticed this thread is seven years DEAD????
nglitz

Post by nglitz »

renzo wrote:Nobody noticed this thread is seven years DEAD????
And the batteries are still working?
Norm
in beautiful, gun friendly New Jersey
SamEEE

Post by SamEEE »

Also good quality batteries is key. I like Varta 'industrial'.
Image Image