Affordable 10 meter match air rifles FWB 300s or similar...

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

x-ring

Affordable 10 meter match air rifles FWB 300s or similar...

Post by x-ring »

I had the opportunity to shoot a FWB 300s for a few hours this weekend at 10 meters. Absolutely loved the repeated one hole accuracy (I was shooting off a bench). Started looking around for one of these and it seems they are fairly popular and all I have come across were sold. Since I am not very familiar with all the different brands out there... what are some other options that have the same match accuracy for a similar price. I am just getting my feet wet with 10 meter and am not ready to put up $2500+ for a match rifle. Want to keep it simple without stepping into the CO2 or PCP realm at this time. I apologize if this question has been asked before... I have searched on this forum but don't really know what I am looking for. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Jon
Rover

Re: Affordable 10 meter match air rifles FWB 300s or similar

Post by Rover »

Find a Walther LGR. They creamed the FWB in actual competition. They are also cheap and easy to repair (a few O-rings).
x-ring

Post by x-ring »

Rover wrote:Find a Walther LGR. They creamed the FWB in actual competition. They are also cheap and easy to repair (a few O-rings).
Thank you! Looking into them now. :)
Joe58

Post by Joe58 »

Look for user name Jim E. He deals a lot of really nice older airguns. I think he’s out of the country on a buying trip currently.
TenMetrePeter

Post by TenMetrePeter »

FWB 300S are much easier to cock than Walther LGR if you are much younger or much older shooter. LGR are easily repaired yes but 300S rarely need repairing anyway. You also never need to worry about taking time with a shot where LGR will always lose a little pressure as minutes pass by.
Rover

Post by Rover »

"LGR will always lose a little pressure as minutes pass by."

Maybe it could use one of those cheap O-rings.
trboat

Post by trboat »

If you feel like going a bit more nostalgic, I have one of the pre (S) 300’s- fine rifle and also one hole groups all day long.
Mine is not for sale but I can recommend it if you come across one.
10M_Stan

Post by 10M_Stan »

I can recommend (I'm sure like many others) JimE for a good used 10 meter target airgun. Mine is a FWB 300 that was purchased because it was what I used back in my college shooting days (i.e. bought for sentimental reasons in 2008). It's a fine shooting 10 meter air rifle and some day I may shoot it more. Personally, I would be inclined to investigate (research) any newer 10 M air rifles since some have a short production life due to advances (or trends) in air rifle technology.
Tony C.

Post by Tony C. »

Another option would be the FWB 601, a SSP single stroke pneumatic, not expensive, parts are still available, easy to maintain and repair, better yet the sight didn't move when the gun is fired, when I switch from FWB 300 to the 601 way back when, my score jump 10 points.
Rover

Post by Rover »

See my bud Russ. He'll take good care of you.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=56235
Gwelo

Post by Gwelo »

I have a nice LGR if you are still looking.
Sent you a PM.