Aguila .22LR PISTOL Ammo- What's available, What do you Use?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Mark Briggs

Aguila .22LR PISTOL Ammo- What's available, What do you Use?

Post by Mark Briggs »

Hello to TargetTalkers!

At the moment we don't have an importer of Aguila .22LR ammo in our country. I've heard several references to its current good quality, especially since they started using the Eley priming system. I'd like to try some of this stuff, but the websites I've seen don't list any ammo specific to target pistol use. (They do list the Colibri subsonic and Match Rifle ammo though...)

Does anybody use any form of Aguila target pistol ammo? If so, which specific brand, and how well does it function? My particular interest is for free pistol, but if it's economical enough then it might well be considered for us in our club's standard pistols.

As always, any and all info you might be able to provide would be greatly appreciated! Especially a contact direct with the factory!
randy69

Re: Aguila .22LR PISTOL Ammo- What's available, What do you

Post by randy69 »

Try the following distributor he carries the Aguila ammo. I have ordered from him before, but he seems to have a hard time getting a constant supply since the factory only produces a certain amount a year. That was their policy four years ago, but if their policy hasn't change and they have some on supply. I would buy as much as possible. You will need to send them a signed copy of your drivers license before they can ship ammon to you unless you live in a polticallly correct state that absolutely forbids shipping ammo to an individual.

http://www.coledistributing.com/
At the moment we don't have an importer of Aguila .22LR ammo in our country. I've heard several references to its current good quality, especially since they started using the Eley priming system. I'd like to try some of this stuff, but the websites I've seen don't list any ammo specific to target pistol use. (They do list the Colibri subsonic and Match Rifle ammo though...)

Does anybody use any form of Aguila target pistol ammo? If so, which specific brand, and how well does it function? My particular interest is for free pistol, but if it's economical enough then it might well be considered for us in our club's standard pistols.

As always, any and all info you might be able to provide would be greatly appreciated! Especially a contact direct with the factory!
funtoz

Post by funtoz »

Not sure where you are in the world, certainly not the US since Aguila is available from several sources here. The US importer for Aguila has a web site at www.aguilaammo.com. He lists a standard velocity @ $13.10/500, Match Pistol, Match Rifle, and Short Match @ $29.95/500. All prices were US dollars, of course.

I have used the standard velocity without being overly impressed with reliability. I am currently working my way through a brick of the Match Rifle and it seems to be acceptable for practice and club matches. Performance in your guns will certainly be different from mine, so see if you can get a brick or two to try before committing to more of it.

Larry

Post by Guest »

I have used the standard velocity in my rifles with good results, but my walther gsp prefers the subsonic solid point. Groups at 50 yards run a little over an inch which is about the same as the best ely I have found. I have tried the golden eagle target, target pistol, target rifle, and the standard velocity. The subsonic was by far the best in my gsp with excellent reliability, but my gsp will eat almost anything.
Bob LeDoux

Post by Bob LeDoux »

I use Super Colibri for free pistol practice on my air pistol range during inclement weather.
Mark Briggs

Post by Mark Briggs »

Thanks to all for your helpful replies. I'm going to try to buy a few boxes of pistol match and the subsonic solid point stuff to try it out. If it works well then I'll see about importing larger quantities. At the moment, going through the US distributor would result in me paying a per case price well in excess of what I currently pay for Eley Target Pistol which is my practice ammo. I need to find a contact direct with the manufacturer to find a way to import it at wholesale otherwise there's no cost benefit to be had...

Thanks again for your help.

(The super colibri would be nice to shoot in my airgun range, if it weren't in my basement! When it's -20 outside I might get into trouble running a fan that's strong enough to ensure safe ventillation of the basement. In fact, I'm sure my better half would complain about the house being a tad chilly.. *grin*)
PASA008

Aguila ammo

Post by PASA008 »

Compare the manufacturer name and address with PMC rimfire ammo. It is the same. We have been using PMC Scoremaster for the past couple of cases at our indoor club. 100% reliability in both feeding and firing. This hadn't been the case with Federal which we finally gave up on, and forget about Remington which only goes off 95% of the time.

The accuracy of the Scoremaster is O.K., wil hold the x ring, but isn't one hole groups. A few of the members have used the Pistol Match and seem to like it.
Mark Briggs

Post by Mark Briggs »

If you could, would you mind posting the address from the PMC ammo? As it turns out, nobody around here sells PMC either. The US seems to have fairly ready access to PMC, Aguila, Wolf and several other brands not available in my country. I'd like to see if there's some way I can get my hands on Aguila here, even if it means going through the hassle of importing it myself.
PASAoo8

PMC address

Post by PASAoo8 »

PMC address is:
Eldorado Cartridge Corporation,Boulder City, NV 89005, but the ammo is marked "Made in Mexico by Industrias Tecnos S.A. de CV"

That's the same name as is on Aguila SE that I have used.
Mike Taylor

PMC in Canada

Post by Mike Taylor »

Hey Mark,
P&D Enterprises in Edmonton (www.p-d-ent.com) has PMC Scoremaster (at least back in July when I was there). Of course shipping to Ottawa could offset the low price :-(
Regards,
Mike
Mark Briggs

Message for Mike Taylor

Post by Mark Briggs »

Mike - thanks for the info re PMC Scoremaster. I'll have to keep that in mind the next time I'm in the west.

On another subject... There are several threads going on both here and at Targetshooting.ca about the suitability of existing .22LR standard pistols for use in 2005 as rapid fire guns. Now that your MG2 is broken-in and running fine, I and others would certainly appreciate reading your feedback on its suitability as an RF pistol. Just having it in my hands once made me certain it would be wonderful for slow fire, but how about 5 shots in 4 seconds?

Thanks again for the feedback!

Mark.